Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, there's an interview with TNA Superstar Mick Foley promoting his new book... on WWE.com.

:huh:

Something about Vince being high on legends right now. Or in a good mood or some shit. However, Stavros said it best:

I think it's hilariously insulting to TNA, it shows how little a threat WWE thinks they are.

It does. Also, the books title alludes to one of, if not the biggest TNA PPV of the year.

Got the Jericho DVD. Great documentary and a good variety of matches.

Watching Jericho vs Angle from 2000 and the crowd is losing their minds for an opening hip toss.

Wrestling used to be so awesome.

Yeah, the crowds alone. You never see an audience pop for somebody like they used to in 2000, it doesn't matter how much noise they pipe in, you can still see when the crowd is sat on their hands. Unless its a really passionate pro AND anti-cena crowd you really don't even get much in the way of chants and crowd noise.

I go to see Dragon Gate, NOAH or ROH in the UK and I'm deafened by hardcore rabid fans. WWE just doesn't generate that kind of passion.

Mr. Russo, Mrs. Carter... what you've just aired on pay-per-view is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent program were you even close to anything that could be considered wrestling, storyline progression, or even a rational thought. Every wrestling fan, even those who didn't watch it, is now dumber for it existing. I award you no buys, and may God have mercy on your souls.

P.S.: I spit on your booking.

June 17th- Abyss chokeslams Hardy off of the stage and through a table.

June 24th- Abyss tells Hogan "they" are coming and then chokes him whilst shoving Hogan's ring down his throat. Later on Hogan hits Abyss with a chair.

July 1st- Hogan and Abyss brawl. Hardy makes the save by giving Abyss the twist of fate and a senton. Later Abyss and Hardy have a match full of hatred induced violence.

July 8th- Hardy and Mr. Anderson double team Abyss and hit him with a chair.

Aug 19th- Hardy and Abyss have a nearly 5 minute backstage brawl.

Oct 7th- Abyss eliminates Jarrett and Hardy from a battle royal costing them "100,000 dollars".

Oct 10th- SWERVE!!!!

June 17th- Abyss chokeslams Hardy off of the stage and through a table.

June 24th- Abyss tells Hogan "they" are coming and then chokes him whilst shoving Hogan's ring down his throat. Later on Hogan hits Abyss with a chair.

July 1st- Hogan and Abyss brawl. Hardy makes the save by giving Abyss the twist of fate and a senton. Later Abyss and Hardy have a match full of hatred induced violence.

July 8th- Hardy and Mr. Anderson double team Abyss and hit him with a chair.

Aug 19th- Hardy and Abyss have a nearly 5 minute backstage brawl.

Oct 7th- Abyss eliminates Jarrett and Hardy from a battle royal costing them "100,000 dollars".

Oct 10th- SWERVE!!!!

.....have you been reading Russo's diary again?

Mr. Russo, Mrs. Carter... what you've just aired on pay-per-view is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent program were you even close to anything that could be considered wrestling, storyline progression, or even a rational thought. Every wrestling fan, even those who didn't watch it, is now dumber for it existing. I award you no buys, and may God have mercy on your souls.

P.S.: I spit on your booking.

Haha, love it!!! :bowdown:

I finally finished the Greatest Superstars of the 80s DVD. It was not good.

The mini documentaries were good, as were the bonus interviews. But the matches all sucked. Sure, they were kinda interesting in a historical sense, but they mostly bored me to tears.

Back when I was a die-hard fan, I would have eaten this up with a spoon and asked for more. Now? Not at all. Makes me not want to watch the rest of the DVDs I have had forever and never watched. The Hogan anthology is one that really fills me with dread.