Random wrestling thoughts

That spot was cool, but it once again lead to Evan looking like a geek.

As far as the TNA thing goes, I'd say in-ring work should be somewhere around "does catering supply enough coffee" on their long list of priorities.

Fuck, I can't wait for that company to die. I'm going to dance when it finally happens. Dance, I say.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as the TNA thing goes, I'd say in-ring work should be somewhere around "does catering supply enough coffee" on their long list of priorities.

Fuck, I can't wait for that company to die. I'm going to dance when it finally happens. Dance, I say.

I can honestly say that I would be surprised if TNA dies. I have thought that they would die seven times over in their history but they are still around.

On the other hand, if TNA were to die, it wouldn't be a surprise as to why.

The following former WWE talents, who were released on or before April 22, 2010, are now free to work for other wrestling promotions as their 90 day no-compete clauses have expired:

Mickie James

Shelton Benjamin

Mike Knox

Katie Lea Burchill

Jimmy Wang Yang

Funaki

Slam Master J

Also, everyone was so caught up in Randy Savage being made into a WWE figure, that everyone forgot to talk about TNA holding an ECW One Night Stand PPV.

I'll start:

Hahhahahahahhahahhahahhahhahahahhahahhah

You get the crowd to chant something that Vince owns, and did over 5 years ago, with guys who were passed their prime 5 years ago, and you think you can still make good money from it? If anything, this will just make Vince more money, as anyone who liked it will go out and find ECW DVD's like Rise and Fall and the Best of DVD's that WWE owns, so you are literally advertising your own competition.

I can't wait for TNA to just die.

For whatever reason, I decided to watch some of the DVDs that have laid in a pile for years. 1st one - Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon.

First off, I found the documentary to be a bit lacking. I don't know what it was, but it didn't seem up to the normal standards I am used to in the DVDs. I was not a fan while Pillman was alive, so I have no personal connection. And based on the matches, I just don't see what was all that special about him. Since I need something to do, here are my thoughts on the matches.

-Bruce Hart & Brian Pillman vs. Midnight Cowboys JIP if I remember correctly and thus I think is filler.

-Pillman vs. Lex Luger 10/28/89 Halloween Havoc Probably my favorite of the set.

-Pillman & Tom Zenk vs. Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin Short and painless, but nothing worth watching again.

-War Games 1991 with Pillman & Sting & Steiners vs. Four Horsemen 1st War Games I have ever seen, so this was entertaining. Yet, I have no idea why the Observer gave this match 5*s.

-Pillman vs. Ricky Morton I know why this is on here, but the Refer-eye Camera keep me from getting into this match.

-Pillman & El Gigante vs. Barry Windham & Arn Anderson Why? After reading Wiki, this lead to an angle, but the angle was not mentioned during the documentary and no matches from the angle are on the disc. And this match sucks. No match with El Gigante should be on a best of DVD.

-Pillman & Windham vs. Johnny Gunn & Zenk Again, seems like a match showcasing this team, but if this is the best match Pillman had with Windham as his partner, why not add another Hollywood Blonds match?

-Pillman & Austin vs. Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas Entertaining enough. The Masked Tag Team was kinda lost on me as I never saw the angle.

-WCW Thundercage with Pillman & Sting & Dustin Rhodes vs. Paul Orndorff & Austin & Rick Rude I've never seen a Thundercage before. I don't think I want to again. This sucked.

-Pillman vs. Jushin Liger 1st Nitro match and all, but still short and not very memorable. Nifty to see the matches take place in a mall tho.

-Pillman vs. Dean Malenko I know I watched this as my roommate remembered Malenko from his watching wrestling days. Yet, I remember nothing.

-Pillman vs. Eddie Guerrero Painfully short and seemingly only on the set because Pillman got Heenan to say fuck on the air. Which, since it is bleeped out, makes the entire thing pointless.

-Pillman vs. Austin Meh.

-Calgary Stampede Hart Foundation vs. Austin & Shamrock & LOD & Goldust Nice crowd, but I feel that is match would be better in context.

-Pillman vs. Goldust Yet to watch, but I am not expecting much.

-Pillman vs. Liger Yet to watch, and I am hoping this is awesome.

So, after this really long review, I shall say this was not a good set. Christmas 2006 is now less enjoyable.

If I remember correctly, the War Games match had crazy heat, which is mostly what contributed to the rating. Same goes for the Calgary Stampede match, which I thought was a lot of fun.

That second Pillman/Liger match is the best thing on the DVD by far.

Funny thing about The Nexus, they could have been running this sort of angle years ago, but they were so determined to feed all the heel stables to top babyfaces like Taker or DX that no factions could ever get over. Just imagine if Spirit Squad had been introduced from the off like Nexus was post NXT. A highly coordinated team of killers, you could have thrown CM Punk and a couple of others in at the time too. This might be boosting ratings on TV a little but with PPV's way down this all feels a little late. Do it four years ago and they might have been able to build to something more.

Was just listening to an interview with AJ, of all people, bashing the company. That's not a good sign, considering how long he's been the one guy to usually tow the company line.

God, AJ's the longest tenured member of TNA not called Jeff Jarrett, and he's the only guy who's never been fired or left for months on end. The fact that he's unhappy (and reports of his dissatisfaction stretch back to before his last world title reign) is just so telling when it comes to assessing TNA's status.