Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Waltman's been gone for months. The Scott Hall thing should be zero surprise to anyone. The guy is a life long fuck up and has been constantly rewarded for it.

In ten years, another desperate company with too much money will try to bring him in again and fall to learn their lesson.

Seems like WWE is calling the nXt group "The Radicals".

radicalz.jpg

Choking people with a tie makes people remember Benoit. Naming the new group after a group that included Benoit will not make people remember Benoit. Right.

Oh, I get it now. They're different because the Benoit group was the Radicalz, because ending words with z was edgy and cool. Nope, no problems here.

Hey!

deansimon.jpg

The Dean Malenko will take no more of your sass, sir.

Randomly on my way home for work I figured it would be a good idea to watch CM Punk vs. Austin Aries from Death Before Dishonor III. I have zero idea why it popped into my head. I never get sick of this match and the Punk heel turn afterwards. Everything is just fun for whatever reason.

Randomly on my way home for work I figured it would be a good idea to watch CM Punk vs. Austin Aries from Death Before Dishonor III. I have zero idea why it popped into my head. I never get sick of this match and the Punk heel turn afterwards. Everything is just fun for whatever reason.

It's been way too long since I've watched that match. Punk's invincibility near the end of that match was EPIC.

Batista going MMA?

He's a former six-time WWE heavyweight wrestling champion of the world -- but this weekend Batista finally confirmed that he's now fighting for real ... for an MMA company called Strikeforce.

The 6'5", 290 pound behemoth was out in Hollywood this weekend -- where he told our camera guy about the move ... and hinted that he already has his first fight lined up.

The 40-something-year-old recently left WWE after his contract expired ... and there had been rumors floating around that he wanted to get into Mixed Martial Arts fighting.

Now, with the rumors confirmed, we gotta ask ...

Isn't he too old and slow for MMA?

He'd also be the 98798734th wrestler to say he's going to try MMA.

He's way too old, and he trains for appearence more than function. There's a reason fighters don't look like that. He'd get slaughtered.

Dear lord, he’d be huffing and wheezing before he even gets to the ring. I could see him getting in the right shape ten years ago, but now? It’s a bit late. Not to mention that I’ve never heard of him learning any kind of martial art.

It doesn’t sound like he’s got much to work with beyond being big.

Don't they own that footage though?

Allegedly, part of the wrongful death lawsuit in 99 included an agreement that Owen's image would never be used again for any purpose.

She doesn't want his name to have anything to do with wrestling ever again. I seriously doubt this is what he would have wanted. She just wants money and she's only doing this because Linda is running for senate. You can't do a video about the Harts and not include him. What happened was a tragedy, but he was a huge part of the business and you can't erase that.

Martha Hart's request for an injunction from a Canadian court in March to stop a video featuring Owen Hart — a request that was denied — was the first time the company had heard from the widow since she legally settled with them in 2000, he said.

That deal must just be a rumor. WWE says she doesn't have exclusive rights to anything.

Don't they own that footage though?

Allegedly, part of the wrongful death lawsuit in 99 included an agreement that Owen's image would never be used again for any purpose.

From what I've heard the agreement had no details with regard to Owen Hart's image being used. I think her lawyer even admitted it.

I love Sheamus. He offers to give the belt back for wrongfully winning it, but then says "You know what, a wins a win! I'm the champion!!"

nXtwo/the Radicals are now called Nexus, or something, apologising. They chose Young to apologise to Cena. Funny. I still hate Skip Sheffield.

Starship pain just looks odd to me, he didn't even hit it right on Zach Ryder, he should go back to the moonlight drive, it was simple(for Morrison) but effective.

I really liked that ending, it may have took too long to actually get started though, but the ending with a camera man being the person to check on Vince, was a nice touch.

There's a lot of variables to the Martha Hart lawsuit. Meltzer just wrote a few thousand words on it in the Observer and it seems to be a lot more complicated than originally thought.