Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As seen tonight on Monday Night Raw, three unidentified individuals laid out the Hart Dynasty. The men in question are Jimmy and Jules Uso, twin sons of former WWE performer Rikishi. They currently hold the Tag Team Championship in WWE's developmental league, Florida Championship Wrestling. The woman who attacked Natalya is Sarona Snuka, known as Tamina in FCW. She is the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Snuka.

The trio were summoned to the main roster to replace The Colóns, who were initially set to feud with the Harts. However, the program was dashed when Carlito was released last Friday for refusing to enter a company-mandated rehabilitation program.

The trio are relatively new to the wrestling scene, having just made their professional debuts last year.

I bet Primo is pissed.

Raw was so........bland last night. Nothing to keep you watching and the Lovitz were pretty much proof that John Lovitz can play unlikable and annoying, and bugger all else.

He was adlibbing too much. The only funny line he had was when DiBiase was walking to the ring and he said "he must be important. He has a belt".

Can Ki stiff the shit out of his mentor? Because I would pay to watch that.

Seriously. What are they going to do? Teach him how to buy new tits?

Makes sense to me. Ki needs no help in-ring, and Lay-Cool have WWE reality TV experience. I think they'll be really hilarious in the role of Kavals cheerleaders.

In this particular Senate race, Connecticut could be mistaken for Louisiana. The sitting senator, Chris Dodd, is retiring in a cloud of scandal. The Democrat vying to replace him, Richard Blumenthal, is a lifetime politico with a habit of lying about his record in Vietnam. The Republican, Linda McMahon, is the former CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, which is to the popular culture what the BP spill is to the Gulf of Mexico — a relentless gusher of pollution.

If decency means nothing, McMahon is the businesswoman par excellence. With her husband, Vince, she grew WWE into a billion-dollar business. The company had to fend off fierce competition in the mid-1990s, when its future looked precarious. The McMahons prevailed on the back of those timeless entrepreneurial values of shrewdness, determination, and risk-taking.

Plus, they had no standards. Linda became head of the company when Vince got indicted in a steroids scandal (most charges were dropped; he was found not guilty on another). And the WWE vanquished its competition when it entered the “attitude era,” the repulsiveness of which made steroid-abusing hulks merely pretending to do violence to one another seem like the good ol’ innocent days.

http://article.nationalreview.com/435335/the-senate-candidate-from-smackdown/rich-lowry

I'm pretty sure the WWE's shift to more "PG" programming is a direct result of the Senate race.

Oh, for...

Mr. McMahon makes one female wrestler crawl on all fours and bark like a dog for betraying him, before urging her to strip for her sins

I hated the McMahon/Stratus storyline, but you're griping about something from ten years ago.

Now, if you want to gripe about the much more recent and incredibly misogynistic storyline about how "fat" Mickie James is, go for it.

I'm pretty sure the WWE's shift to more "PG" programming is a direct result of the Senate race.

Nah, they started that years before Linda's campaign aspirations, though it definitely helps now.

The shift to PG was a reaction to the Benoit tragedy and an effort to revive business by focusing on a new market.

So what is the over/under on how many of the Season 1 NXT guys stick around?

Tarver and Young are done.

They'll try something with Otunga but he'll be gone by the end of the year.

Gabriel will get Evan Bourne's spot on Smackdown.

Shefield will get another shot because of his look.

Slater will probably get called back up after six months with a new name.

Barrett and Danielson are safe.

So what is the over/under on how many of the Season 1 NXT guys stick around?

Tarver and Young are done.

They'll try something with Otunga but he'll be gone by the end of the year.

Gabriel will get Evan Bourne's spot on Smackdown.

Shefield will get another shot because of his look.

Slater will probably get called back up after six months with a new name.

Barrett and Danielson are safe.

Exactly what I was thinking. But doesn't that really undermine the entire concept of NXT? If 5/8 are still running around on tv, then what is the point of winning NXT? Cause if you lose, look at Gabriel, he formed a tag team with Matt Hardy. I think you can have Bryan running around due to everything that has been set up, but the others? Not so much.

I don't really know why I am putting this much thought into it. There cannot possibly be enough guys for a 3rd season.

Just look at the Diva Search. They hire all the losers from that too. They undermine the importance of everything. It's part of the reason nothing in wrestling is special anymore.

They have approximately 800 guys running around in Florida, so they have enough guys to do a third season, but they've already announced that this next season will be the last.

Just look at the Diva Search. They hire all the losers from that too. They undermine the importance of everything. It's part of the reason nothing in wrestling is special anymore.

They have approximately 800 guys running around in Florida, so they have enough guys to do a third season, but they've already announced that this next season will be the last.

Smackdown moving to SyFy helped the cancellation too.

Tarver is done

Otunga may be stuck in developmental forever

Young has potential, maybe another year in developmental and a severe gimmick change.

Skip is big, athletic, can talk some and work OK. He should be getting prepped for a call-up.

Gabriel is a blank state, he should stay in developmental until he shows something character-wise. There are far more talented guys who can be good high-flying babyfaces on TV.

Slater is close to ready, I wouldn't object to him being on my TV. Just a mystery what sort of role he could play to get his foot in the door.

Bryan is safe as houses, that guy has done wonders with what they've given him.

Wade will be on TV for a while but needs a lot of work in-ring. A team with Regal beckons I think.