Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair, to allow people to kick the shit out of each other as a career kind of proves that they don't care about their employees. I would say that a fireball to the face for a quarter second is no more dangerous than the possibility of whiplash during a clothesline or even being bounced off of elevator cables.

And yeah, that was actually pretty cool.

The fireball was nothing compared to that stupid chairshot Rob Terry took last week. There are hazards that come with being a wrestler, but unprotected chairshots to the head are completely avoidable, and there's a reason WWE and ROH banned them.

The fireball was nothing compared to that stupid chairshot Rob Terry took last week.

Except Jeff will be fine a few hours later, and Rob could have suffered a serious injury, and would have got fuck all for it. Because the big thing coming out of that segment wasn't the shot he took, it was the OJ thing.

There is a difference between fake kicking and punching someone and spitting a flammable liquid directly into someone's face while igniting it. It was a stupid thing to do, and Jeff Hardy is a dumbass for allowing it to happen.

Jeff Hardy's girlfriend Beth wrote on Twitter that Jeff was "burned badly" during the spot - enough to "blister & peel". She added that Jeff "singed near his eyes, forehead and lips" and hopes he's "never asked to do something like that again.”

The ratings are in for this past Monday night's WWE RAW and TNA Impact shows (air date: April 12, 2010).

WWE RAW scored a final cable rating of 3.2.

TNA Impact scored a final cable rating of 0.8.

The final cable rating for the premiere edition of TNA Reaction, the new lead-in for TNA Impact on Monday night's, scored a 0.3, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Source

Guest DCAUFan1051

NXT was fucking awful this week. It's amazing how bad the show has gotten now.

is anyone surprised that NXT sucks?

I liked seeing Hoff on RAW , then again that's just the knight rider fan in me.

NXT was fucking awful this week. It's amazing how bad the show has gotten now.

is anyone surprised that NXT sucks?

I liked seeing Hoff on RAW , then again that's just the knight rider fan in me.

I am. Cause it started out so strong.

Hoff was alright on Raw, but they need to stop the guest host, it's just not any fun anymore.

There is much internal concern regarding the state of Jeff Hardy. Many feel his work since coming to TNA has been lackluster not to mention that his promos are rambling and sometimes virtually incoherent. Several people are comparing his current state to his previous run in the company, which occurred as a result of his termination from World Wrestling Entertainment for erratic behavior, drug use, refusal to enter rehab and deteriorating ring performance.

Kevin Nash received a concussion as a result of Hardy during their cage match two weeks ago on iMPACT! as he landed on his head while performing The Swanton.

I haven't seen any of his spots or promos. Have they been that bad?

There is much internal concern regarding the state of Jeff Hardy. Many feel his work since coming to TNA has been lackluster not to mention that his promos are rambling and sometimes virtually incoherent. Several people are comparing his current state to his previous run in the company, which occurred as a result of his termination from World Wrestling Entertainment for erratic behavior, drug use, refusal to enter rehab and deteriorating ring performance.

Kevin Nash received a concussion as a result of Hardy during their cage match two weeks ago on iMPACT! as he landed on his head while performing The Swanton.

I haven't seen any of his spots or promos. Have they been that bad?

Basically, he doesn't give a shit. But yeah, he's quite shit.

Suave... sometimes I like the guest host thing... sometimes not so much. It's better then having a GM with an agenda I think.

Bischoff was the best GM the WWE ever had. The guest hosts are at their best when they don't look like asses. Best example for good is Hoff, the best example for shite, is the hot tub time machine losers. Those guys were horrible to watch.

Heyman was the best GM. He got Shannon Moore over, of all people.

Heyman came in right away as an asshole heel GM. If he was given longer to play the part, he would have been better, but Bischoff slowly became the prick you loved to hate as GM, it was a natural evolution for him to become power mad and make Raw his play thing. He came in, said he was going to make Raw great for everyone, then he slowly became the prick we know the Bischoff character to be. If Heyman had been GM for longer, he would have got my vote, but for length and consistency as a GM, Bischoff was the best.

Heyman was the best GM. He got Shannon Moore over, of all people.

I used to love Commissioner Foley back in 2000. Awesome GM.

I loved Foley then too. But I wouldn't say he was a GM as he ran what happened in the ring, you didn't feel like he was in charge of everything going on in the arena. Like when Bischoff called for the crowd to be censored during Kurt Angles entrance back in November of 2005.