Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of recently released WWE Superstar Jimmy Wang Yang:

"Three strikes and your out...I hear Florida is a nice place to visit."

Source

According to a report on F4WOnline.com, WWE gave Mickie James the axe today in part because of some trouble during the recent European tour.

Apparently James, more than once, arrived late for the bus, holding up travel for the rest of the WWE crew. That was considered the final straw as James already had heat on her stemming from her disciplinary move to SmackDown! a little while back.

Source

I hope they don't just have him wrestle darks for six months then release him because they forgot they rehired him, like they have with so many others.

Joey could be an asset to that place if they let him.

What's going on? What movie?

Edit:

We reported earlier that WWE issued a press release noting that Triple H will be starring in a new WWE Studios film titled "Killing Karma" which will begin shooting in the near future.

PWInsider.com is reporting that the lead role was initially supposed to go to Batista, however, WWE made the decision to replace him with Triple H. It's being said that when Batista learned that he was being replaced by HHH, he became furious over the news as acting is what he wants to focus his future on when he leaves wrestling.

"Batista wants to be a movie star," a source was noted as saying.

As we have reported in the past, Batista has been telling people that he does not intend to wrestle in WWE for too much longer, and that he might likely quit the business when his current deal expires. When this happens, he wants to focus mainly on acting.

Source

So WWE are not going to give him any exposure at all as punishment for being honest about his intentions come contract talk time? I'd prefer to get my pound of flesh out of him while I can. I think they are just scared of losing people like they lost The Rock. Bad move I think, after recently watching Blade Trinity again, as bad as Batista is on screen, he is ten times better than HHH.

Like I said earlier, once you start making plans for a career outside WWE they will drop you. Batista said a year ago that he felt he only had a year left in him. His time is up. Mysterio said the same thing recently, so don't plan on him being around much longer. It's not punishment, it's them having to make plans for a show without them. Why put someone in movies when they might leave the company?

I understand not giving him a title shot/run etc. But if he is a better film actor than someone else, make the better film. It doesn't hurt your main product, which is making TV shows to shill merchandise. It's a side venture, so make it as profitable as possible and give it every chance of success as possible.

I see the other side of it though, the film division is a way to give their on screen talent more/different exposure, so instead of the film possibly doing slightly better numbers if Batista is in it, long term for the parent company, it is better to have a long term talent as the star of the film.

And who says the WWE don't plan long term :)

Joey Mercury made his WWE return at Extreme Rules during the CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio match after Serena and Luke Gallows were ejected from ringside. Mercury, sporting a bald head and a Straight Edge Society hoodie, came from under the ring and slid CM Punk a chair. He then dropped Mysterio on his face from the apron to the floor, allowing CM Punk to get the win, and hid back under the ring.

Yes!

I love the idea of Mercury as the dark mirror of Morrison in the SES. Morrison got titles, wealth, fame and great hair. Mercury was injured, addicted, fired and is now shaven clean as part of his baptism into Straight Edge. They're fools if the scenario involving Mercury revealing his identity doesn't involve Morrison in some way.