Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Miz needs to be on Smackdown more than Big Show, he's the guy they should start building up as a singles star right now, and Smackdown is in dire need of more talkers than just CM Punk. Miz vs Christian would a great US title feud. Right now Drew F'n McIntyre is the no. 3 heel on that show behind Swagger and Punk. I have no idea what the Big show is going to do on that show solo.

Heh, looking at the roster now it looks really major heel-short. Behind Swagger, Punk & the SES and McIntyre the only straight up heels are Dolph Ziggler, Shad Gaspard and Croft & Barretta. I can only imagine that Dolph is going to be pushed again because they've no other options left. I'm betting that within 3 months Dolph uses the sleeper to beat Big Show on TV.

Results of supplemental draft:

MVP - DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN

UNIFIED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS DAVID HART SMITH & TYSON KIDD - DRAFTED TO RAW

HORNSWOGGLE - DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN

GOLDUST - DRAFTED TO RAW

EZEKIEL JACKSON - DRAFTED TO RAW

CHRIS MASTERS - DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN

NATALYA - DRAFTED TO RAW

CODY RHODES - DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN

CHAVO GUERRERO - DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN

THE GREAT KHALI & RANJIN SINGH - DRAFTED TO RAW

Supplemental draft results

Cody Rhodes to Smackdown

Chavo Guerrero to Smackdown

Great Khali & Ranjin Singh to Raw

Natalya to Raw

Chris Masters to Smackdown

Ezekiel Jackson to Raw (was he ever on Smackdown?)

Goldust to Raw

Hornswoggle to Smackdown

Rosa Mendes to Smackdown

David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd to Raw

MVP to Smackdown

I have no idea what the Big show is going to do on that show solo.

It's been over six months, so he's due for another turn.

Screw the ratings, there's a bigger travesty than TNA failing even when they put on an OK show. Like Daniel Bryan going 0-9 against Skip Sheffield in 72 seconds.

Fuck WWE. I mean, seriously, all the pros legit think he's awesome, he's already the most down to earth guy in the world, and now they're just beating him down into the ground week after week. This isn't an underdog gimmick, this is a jobber gimmick designed to make the indies look bad.

Fuck WWE. I mean, seriously, all the pros legit think he's awesome, he's already the most down to earth guy in the world, and now they're just beating him down into the ground week after week. This isn't an underdog gimmick, this is a jobber gimmick designed to make the indies look bad.

See, I would agree with you. But he is getting this treatment, but is still the #1 guy on NXT. I think they want to do a Mikey Whipwreck thing, where when he finally wins (Against the Miz I say) it will be a big fucking deal.

Also, did anyone else think his loss to Regal was a botch, like he went down too early? Regal looked confused when he won and so did the ref.

Anyone but Dixie Carter could have called it.

True. Knowing TNA, they'll blame it on the draft, and how next week things will be different.

Several readers have sent in word that although WWE is not listing on the supplemental draft page, former ECW stars Tyler Reks and Vance Archer have been added to the Smackdown roster page.

Additionally, the profiles of Curt Hawkins, Abraham Washington, Byron Saxton and Tony Atlas have all been removed from the WWE roster pages.

Source

The following is an excerpt from a new blog from the official MySpace page of TNA Knockout Tara:

"I came to TNA last year because I still had a lot of wrestling left in me. I was paid a fraction of what I thought I deserved. But I wanted to show I was still at the top of my game. Now my contract is up in May. I want a modest pay increase. They don't want to pay me what I think is fair. I have no problems going my own way.

But about 12 hours after the conversation where we didn't agree on pay, unnamed sources claim that I am hard to work with and that I don't give my best effort. My only response is that TNA made an aggressive effort to re-sign me, among other things saying that they want to build the women's division around me. And I think wrestling fans see, both on TV and at live events, that I alwys give 100%. I take pride in that. Smeaering me on the way out the door is an act of second-rate character."

The following is an excerpt from a new blog from the official MySpace page of TNA Knockout Tara:

"I came to TNA last year because I still had a lot of wrestling left in me. I was paid a fraction of what I thought I deserved. But I wanted to show I was still at the top of my game. Now my contract is up in May. I want a modest pay increase. They don't want to pay me what I think is fair. I have no problems going my own way.

But about 12 hours after the conversation where we didn't agree on pay, unnamed sources claim that I am hard to work with and that I don't give my best effort. My only response is that TNA made an aggressive effort to re-sign me, among other things saying that they want to build the women's division around me. And I think wrestling fans see, both on TV and at live events, that I alwys give 100%. I take pride in that. Smeaering me on the way out the door is an act of second-rate character."

I want to believe her, but the way she screwed over WWE I really can't.

According to a number of online reports, the announcement was made backstage at tonight's TNA Impact tapings that Spike TV would be moving the official Impact TV tapings back to Thursday nights. The shows will be taped at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida.

Also:

Inside the Impact Zone Mike Tenay confirms the rumor that Impact will move back to Thursday nights, but says it's because they "listened to the fans."

So, who had ten weeks in the pool?

According to a number of online reports, the announcement was made backstage at tonight's TNA Impact tapings that Spike TV would be moving the official Impact TV tapings back to Thursday nights. The shows will be taped at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida.

Also:

Inside the Impact Zone Mike Tenay confirms the rumor that Impact will move back to Thursday nights, but says it's because they "listened to the fans."

So, who had ten weeks in the pool?

Flair did, thats wehy he looks so shrivelled and old, like a walnut.

TNA Impact scored a 0.8 rating for last night's broadcast, with the first unopposed hour drawing a 0.9 and the second a 0.66. This was up from last week's 0.5.

Monday Night Raw drew a 3.1 (same as last week) with hours of 2.9 (4.1 million viewers) and 3.2 (4.6 million viewers). Note that last week's Raw did a 3.3 in the traditional two-hour timeslot, but the third hour brought the average down.