Random wrestling thoughts

I'm watching Chris Jericho's game show, and it seems a bit weird so far. Will post full thoughts when I'm done.

*The first contestant is really annoying. I know they are meant to be annoying, but she is just, too annoying.

*Jericho seems a bit awkward at first, but once he gets into it, he's an ok host.

*The whole panic button gimmick is just annoying.

*They don't smash the real prizes, only "replicas" which sort of takes the fun out of it.

*It's an ok show. Nothing special, it could work, but so far, it isn't that special.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors.

Posted by WWE.com

Since this statement was released I've been bombarded with messages asking me if it’s real, and by now I’m sure that most people know that it is.

WWE is very serious about adhering to their PG guidelines, and apparently my actions during the NXT attack on John Cena, namely choking announcer Justin Roberts with his tie and spitting in Cena’s face, crossed the boundaries of what is considered “PG.” Perhaps the choking was too violent or perhaps the spit was too demeaning. I apologized for both immediately following the incident; but I would be a hypocrite if I apologized for putting everything I have into the attack. I would much rather have gone too far than to come up too short.

As with anyone who gets fired from their job, especially when they feel its unjust, I am angry. Very angry. But I can’t fault WWE for how they handled my release. My contract contained a 90 day no-compete clause in the event I was let go, yet the WWE has graciously allowed me start wrestling again on any show that’s not taped for television or pay per view.

So with the negatives there also come positives. Before I got signed by WWE last October, I worked hard to bring new fans to independent wrestling. But with most of us having little national exposure the only thing we could do was wrestle our hearts out and hope for word of mouth. Now that I’ve appeared on WWE television in front of millions of new fans, things are different. My goal is to garner as much interest in independent wrestling over the next 90 days as I possibly can. I hope that some of the people who enjoyed watching me wrestle on TV will give independent companies such as Evolve, Dragon Gate USA and Ring of Honor a chance. I think most of you would enjoy the intimacy between the fans and the wrestlers and the intensity of the action; if you ask the fans who went to the Chikara or AIW shows I was on this weekend, I’m sure 99% of them had a great time. So if you’ve never been to an independent show, go ahead and dip your toes in... you might find that the water is pretty nice.

As far as what happens after 90 days, nobody knows. I’ve “heard” that TNA is interested. There are petitions going around to get me back into WWE and the last several weeks there have been fans chanting my names at their shows. People have even brought signs showing their support. And though most of the signs get taken away and though WWE may not be listening to your chants or petitions, I truly appreciate all the support over the last several weeks. It is both overwhelming and heartwarming. But regardless of what offers come in, I am in no rush to make any rash decisions. I enjoy my freedom as much as I enjoyed the benefits offered by being in WWE. My future, as usual, is uncertain. But I am enjoying my return to the independents. I’m hoping to see some of you there.

http://officialbryandanielson.blogspot.com/

He's definitely making sure to not burn that bridge, I wouldn't be surprised if he were back in a WWE ring in 12-18 months.

It'll be a lot sooner than that. Why do you think WWE keeps bringing him up on the website, and John Cena was talking about him? They want the fans to demand him to be rehired.

Watching NXT from this week, this is how I'd have the remaining guys ranked.

1) Low-ki

2) Alex Riley

3) Husky Harris

4) Percy Watson

5) Joe Hennig

6) Lucky Cannon

7) Eli Cottonwood

Watching NXT from this week, this is how I'd have the remaining guys ranked.

1) Low-ki

2) Alex Riley

3) Husky Harris

4) Percy Watson

5) Joe Hennig

6) Lucky Cannon

7) Eli Cottonwood

This is pretty much the same as I would rank them. Cottonwood is just another Khali so he's useless. Husky Harris is probably my sentimental favorite. You know he has no chance, but I would love to see him win.

Brett Hart is talking about the Martha Hart lawsuit:

I feel that it's ridiculous for anyone to think they are serving the best interests of Owen's memory or his children to pretend he wasn't a wrestler. Not only was he a wrestler, he was a great one and proud of it. I personally believe Martha Hart has done nothing to keep his memory alive and sadly, he fades from view a little more every year. I do suspect this lawsuit is more about publicity, ego, and small-mindedness than it is about pro-wrestling and all of those that are in it.

I know Owen was always proud of his body of work. His fans have never forgotten him and most of today's WWE wrestlers and hundreds of employees have never forgotten him. They speak endlessly of loving memories that speak volumes on what kind of person he was. I saw Owen on TV a few weeks ago against a young Matt Hardy and it put me in such a good mood all day long. Why would anyone want to prevent that? Martha needs to accept the sad truth that he's gone, but we all deserve to be able to salute and honor him for being the great man and the great wrestler that he was. I stopped caring a long time ago about what Martha thinks of me. We don't speak and I haven't seen Owen's children in 10 years. For what reasons, I couldn't begin to tell you. I personally found great inner peace by opening up to forgiveness and instead supported and encouraged current Hart family members now fulfilling their dreams in the complicated-but-astounding world known as the WWE Universe. She completely ignores the fact that Nattie Neidhart, TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd), and Harry Smith all made a pact when their 12 year old cousin died that they would someday carry on the dream of wrestling in the WWE, this was years before Owen's death and I don't see any reason they should forsake all their dreams. I can't speak more highly of the dedicated, hard working WWE superstars of today.

Having worked with all levels of talent since January, I can honestly say that you won't find a more wholesome bunch of athletes anywhere in any profession. Owen would be proud to be part of what they all are. Martha can say or think whatever the hell she wants but the Hart family as a whole found a way to forgive and move on for the sake of the next generation's well-being. Just because Owen died doesn't mean the Hart legacy from Stu down to his wrestling sons and grandchildren has to die too. The best thing I can do for Owen's kids is take them backstage and introduce them to all the people who love and remember their dad. Owen is loved and missed everyday. Why Martha would insist they never know these people is sad and pathetic.

I believe Owen would turn in his grave watching Martha erase every single thing he ever did, all for spite. Martha Hart needs to celebrate Owen's memory as much as possible, not block it away forever. How stupid and selfish is that? In her own book, she wrote how even though she was angry at Vince, she didn't hate him and that she felt he was truly sorry about what happened. She had written him a letter in order for her to move on and be at peace. Maybe she should practice what she preached.

Amen

http://www.facebook.com/notes/bret-hart/update-july-1/407808362571

He's definitely making sure to not burn that bridge

Very smart. One thing you never want to do is trash a former employer, especially publicly. It looks bad to potential future employers. That is a lesson some have learned the hard way. It doesn't matter if you were 100% right, just keep your mouth closed and your fingers as far away from the keyboard as possible.

According to a report on ProWrestling.net, Dixie Carter held a talent meeting this afternoon at the Impact Zone in Orlando.

The report claims many of the talent present at the meeting were angry by the time it was over. The TNA president allegedly painted a picture of the wrestlers being spoiled and pushed the point that the wrestlers need to improve their work.

No mention of Paul Heyman was made at any point during the meeting, for those still keeping track on that hopeless cause.

Source

I love TNA and their crazy antics.

After speaking to a source within TNA who was present at the talent meeting today which was held in Orlando prior to the Impact taping, I can now provide more details behind the talent reaction coming out of the meeting.

Dixie Carter came in and told the talent that the company is spending too much money editing in-ring mistakes for TV, and that the talent needs to clean up its in-ring game so less needs to be edited for Impact. This was the last thing talent expected to hear when Dixie came into the meeting.

The general feeling amongst most of guys in the locker room is that they were prepared to hear Dixie Carter come into the meeting as the company leader, and discuss its future and the current state of TNA. Talent was expecting Carter to address certain topics like the ongoing Paul Heyman rumors, why Eric Bischoff was not present at the tapings and the PPV, and other items as they related to the future of TNA.

Eric Bischoff is a particularly interesting topic right now as I was told many in the TNA locker room felt he came off sounding like a fool when he recently made comments on a radio show claiming that MMA has no influence on the pro wrestling business. "Brock Lesnar is the biggest star WWE has made in 10 years," said the source. He went on to credit pro wrestling for making Lesnar a star who's now the top MMA draw in the business, so it's absurd that one would deny any relationship between wrestling and MMA.

So it appears as if the frustration in the TNA locker room has been mounting. I was told, "How can talent feel the company has nothing short of a lame duck administration when it's openly and heavily courting someone else [Paul Heyman] to come in and 'save' it?"

Talent wants to know what's happening in the company, plain and simple. They want to know where the company is headed, how they can become the next "Brock Lesnar," and most importantly, they want to be guided by their leader. Instead, they came into a meeting today and were told, metaphorically, to go to their rooms.

Source

Yeah, I think wrestling's a big pile of stupid and even I think that rocked. It took me three replays to figure out what he did. I watched with no audio because watching a wrestling video at work is only acceptable with no sound. It's in the rule book.