Random wrestling thoughts

God, AJ's the longest tenured member of TNA not called Jeff Jarrett, and he's the only guy who's never been fired or left for months on end. The fact that he's unhappy (and reports of his dissatisfaction stretch back to before his last world title reign) is just so telling when it comes to assessing TNA's status.

You know TNA will just say to AJ "We don't need you! If you want to leave, there's the door!" Then when he asks for his release, he'll be refused.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WWE released the second quarter numbers for 2010, including buyrates for several of their recent pay-per view events.

Over The Limit drew 197,000 buys, Extreme Rules drew 182,000 buys and Fatal Four Way drew 143,000 buys.

The 143,000 buys for the Fatal Four Way show is the second lowest PPV buyrate in company history, trailing only the infamous December To Dismember show.

Source

I work with Daffney's brother, and he said she's retiring after her contract is up. It sounded like she's fed up with the business, or more likely TNA. They gave her spot to the girl that injured her.

I'm no great Daffney fan, but that is BS especially considering that other chick has only been on TV once.

According to a report on ProWrestling.net, it is going to take something drastic happening in a very short amount of time for the Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn main event at TNA "HardCORE Justice" to come off as planned this Sunday night.

The report claims that due to an aggrivated back injury, Lynn is going to be forced into pulling out of the headline bout on the pay-per view card this weekend in Orlando.

TNA is aware of the situation but has yet to go public with anything right now. If and when it is confirmed, and a new main event is announced, we'll be sure to update you.

I cannot wait to see HardCore Justice now. TNA has a history of just not giving a shit and waiting till the PPV starts before announcing changes to the card.

The other chick already got released, I thought.

Nope. They are just doing what they always do. Keep adding people to the already bloated roster even though there isn't enough time to put them on tv every week.

Oh, and then they'll get rid of the genuine talents who spent years making the company remotely worth watching like Daniels or Sonjay Dutt. Y'know, because they needed to pay Scott Hall for a few months before he inevitably screwed up again.

The other chick already got released, I thought.

Nope. They are just doing what they always do. Keep adding people to the already bloated roster even though there isn't enough time to put them on tv every week.

Oh, and then they'll get rid of the genuine talents who spent years making the company remotely worth watching like Daniels or Sonjay Dutt. Y'know, because they needed to pay Scott Hall for a few months before he inevitably screwed up again.

You're only getting this now?

Cards on the table now? They should throw in Sabu for the main event.

Didn't think of that, that makes sense. Meaning TNA won't do it.

Shazam! It was Kane who attacked the Undertake after all. This is a huge shock, folks!

Actually, it is a mild surprise that WWE is so stupid that they would go with a "reveal" that everyone figured out 30 seconds into the storyline, when it was introduced two months ago.

Facepalm.

Lex Lugar switched heel/face alignment many times in the 1980's and 1990's.

What is great about turns is when Wrestler A is a face, fighting Wrestler B, who is a heel. W-B is a coward and is constantly begging off W-A. A year later, they're feuding again, but both have switched heel/face alignment and the roles are reversed. Even as a kid, I thought that was completely illogical.

WWE just signed Tyler Black, which fucks ROH over big time.

I guess it's Roderick Strong's turn to win the title now.

Not sure it does, I don't think Tyler is a vital part of ROH and his title reign can come to some sort of natural end with the time they have left. Honestly I can think of a bunch of people in ROH who I'd be more interested in seeing as champion.

Their main event scene has been a combination of Strong, Aries, and Black for the past year and their roster isn't as deep as it used to be.

The only guys I could see winning it are Strong or Daniels.