Earth-2.net needs your help

Missy

Before I say anything else, allow me to note that normally I wouldn't make such a direct request, so please forgive my forwardness.

In the coming weeks I'll have to pay both the renewal fee for the forums as well as the hosting fees for Earth-2.net. Now as you all know, times are rough, and things are no different at Earth-2.net Central. And if I'm being wholly honest, I do not believe I have enough money to pay both those bills — not on top of my personal bills. To keep the site up and running, I need your help.

If each of you could donate a few dollars — even just $5 — to Earth-2.net, it will help with the renewal fees when the bills arrive. To do so, all you have to do is click this link.

As noted above, I know times are tough for everyone, so if you can't help out, I fully understand.

Cheers,

Michael David Sims

Before I say anything else, allow me to note that normally I wouldn't make such a direct request, so please forgive my forwardness.

In the coming weeks I'll have to pay both the renewal fee for the forums as well as the hosting fees for Earth-2.net. Now as you all know, times are rough, and things are no different at Earth-2.net Central. And if I'm being wholly honest, I do not believe I have enough money to pay both those bills — not on top of my personal bills. To keep the site up and running, I need your help.

If each of you could donate a few dollars — even just $5 — to Earth-2.net, it will help with the renewal fees when the bills arrive. To do so, all you have to do is click this link.

As noted above, I know times are tough for everyone, so if you can't help out, I fully understand.

Cheers,

Michael David Sims

As nerdy as this is, My blood ran cold when I read this. If you are unable to pull through on the bill this time...What going to happen? Are you going to set up another forum on a free host (like creat forum) or will it be the end of earth-2?

Uh....I know this is looking at things rather optimisticly......Is there any chance you would do something on a cheaper server if your unable to pay the rent for earth-2?

For a webhost I recomend 1 and 1 and for a forum phpbb.

Done and done. Spend it wisely my friend, and don't worry about making the request, every other site I visit seems to. The difference here is that I actually reached into my wallet. Maybe running total of what required per month vs what you need to raise is in order if this becomes a more regular requirement.

We need a charity-style commercial to generate support. "Give man podcast, he'll be amused for an hour. Teach him to make them, and he'll feed the minds of his whole community." We need pictures of comic book fans looking mentally unstimulated, then being bathed in light and joy as their moniters shine with the intellectual light of Earth-2.net.

Mike, I just chipped in as well.

I suppose that if we raise more money than you need (right, like there's such a thing), you could always apply the balance to kicking off that "WFP - - - LIVE!!!" fundraising drive...

Are we getting you closer to where you need to be?

Oh and as far as the apology for the direct appeal - maybe we all needed a bit of a reminder of how much you invest in running this for us. Thanks, man.

Chris