Episode 48

RSS

In the final four episodes of Batman Beyond, Terry endangers a young boy by showing him his face ("Unmasked"), briefly befriends the man destined to lead Kobra ("The Curse of Kobra"), uncovers a traitor in the ranks of the Justice League Unlimited ("The Call") and saves Zeta from Mad Stan ("Countdown"). [ 1:23:40 || 38.4 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_048.mp3

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mike: I actually had to cut the length of my mustache down.... because I was twirling it too much!

Listening to the rest of the episode now more thoughts later.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Most people might know this but you guys should have mentioned that Unmasked was the unaired finale of Batman Beyond. Then again it really can't be called a finale as the show just ended without any closure until we get to Epilogue.

Damn you Mike I want Pizza now....... as far as when James said ok 45 mins later ya know you guys could do that if this were to happen: World's Finest Podcast LIVE I'm just referencing the thread instead of bumping it, because I know it was mentioned that maybe Episode 100 would be a LIVE episode with Mike & James recording in the same place.

Another thing about Christopher McDonald playing Superman in The Call... Bruce Timm said in the special features that he wanted to remind people of Jor-El from the Last Son Of Krypton in S:TAS. The fact that "shooter mcgavin" played another DCAU Character. :D I'm listening to The Call now.

Please don't put the words "balls" and "ripping" into the same sentence again. I'm very delicate during Mean-Spirited March. :shakehead:

You see, if you only watched harmless films like Daredevil or The Dark Knight, like I do, this wouldn't be a problem.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'd have to watch the special features again but I believe when Bruce Timm and Co are talking about The Call Timm remarks the altered S:TAS Theme as the Dark Superman Theme... I like this and might rip it later on. Just as James and I enjoy the Combined themes of Batman and Superman for Gotham Knights. Those themes rule! I'm so fuckin glad you guys brought up the vertical flying Superman...... that was fucking awesome.... I never expected that.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I must point out that Mike you keep calling Bennett the weather wizard.... while he may look like that villain none of the actors that voiced the weather wizard voiced Bennett. The Voices for Bennett are:

Plague: Joe Spano

Countdown: Kurtwood Smith

Weather Wizard was played by:

Corey Burton in Hereafter Part 1 and Alive in JL & JLU and Miguel Ferrer in Speed Demons in S: TAS!

love the ending to this WFP tooo funny!

Starro had full control of Superman's body for years. They said this. That's why Superman doesn't know what's going on after Batman gets Starro off of him.

Plus, if Starro ever gave up control of Superman, even for a second, Superman would have noticed there was a giant starfish on his chest.

Starro had full control of Superman's body for years. They said this. That's why Superman doesn't know what's going on after Batman gets Starro off of him.

Plus, if Starro ever gave up control of Superman, even for a second, Superman would have noticed there was a giant starfish on his chest.

You could make the argument that superman wanted to keep suspicion away, and was plaining to keep terry from finding out. And when terry found out's that superman was the traitor, Supe's wanted to give him one last chance.

Maybe SuperStarro wanted Batman to stir up suspicion among the JLU. After all, the evidence of traitorism (yes, I made up that word) must have been there, so it would only make sense that Superman would want to divert the attention away from himself by being the one to first alert Batman, then have Batman cause dissention among the group.

And hey, if that doesn't seem smart, then that works. Starro is a stupid starfish; he doesn't have much brains.