Episode 48

RSS

Here's a few reasons I can think of as to why Starro wanted Batman to be bought in:

1. To keep Batman and Bruce from considering him for a trader.

2. Starro wanted to gather up as many powerful members of the Justice League as possible and Batman was a great member with the sharpest mind.

3. Bruce has that contingency plan that has all the JL member weaknesses, get him on the side of Starro and that won't be a problem anymore. In fact that'll help in case the Starro's meet another member who is able to thwart their plans.

Oh and guys is it me or does Barta look like a stronger version of Maxima? Did Superman and Maxima get it on?

Nah, Barda is Mr. Miracle's wife. She's a New God, so she doesn't age too much. She appears in JLU, alongside her husband in the episode "Ties that Bind." She might have a speaking role in Twilight, too. I don't recall.

Oh, thanks for the info, but she does look like a stronger looking Maxima, just not with the charm and sexual appetite, lol, Mike did you see Maxima in Smallville :w00t:

Nah, Barda is Mr. Miracle's wife. She's a New God, so she doesn't age too much. She appears in JLU, alongside her husband in the episode "Ties that Bind." She might have a speaking role in Twilight, too. I don't recall.

Actually, Barda in Batman Beyond is the daughter of Mr. Miracle and Big Barda.

And no, I don't watch Smallville.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Barda/Big Barda whatever looks like a more beefed up version of Wonder Woman then anything else to me. I believe Bruce Timm said something about wanting to use Wonder Woman in the future league...... but couldn't or something. I dunno it was on one of the Justice League DVD's.

And hey, if that doesn't seem smart, then that works. Starro is a stupid starfish; he doesn't have much brains.

Many. Many brains.

Yeah, I think Knightwing is thinking of his mirror copy Bizstarro.

Maybe thats who it was! "Bizstarro get detective so nobody know bizstarro did it!"

I don't remember him being on Red Kryptonite in that episode. I believe the effects of her kiss brought out his Kryptonian desires. She said that only a Kryptonian could handle the rush her kisses cause.

Ah, yes. That makes sense.

Still, though, I don't buy Clark's reaction. He's supposed to have super-judgment to override any desire no matter how strong, right? (like the desire to melt Luthor's brain.)

Then again, perhaps I'm looking for depth in the wrong place. (that being Smallville)

Yeah, I think Knightwing is thinking of his mirror copy Bizstarro.

Maybe thats who it was! "Bizstarro get detective so nobody know bizstarro did it!"

That... actually makes sense. We'll go with that. :D

Ah, yes. That makes sense.

Still, though, I don't buy Clark's reaction. He's supposed to have super-judgment to override any desire no matter how strong, right? (like the desire to melt Luthor's brain.)

Then again, perhaps I'm looking for depth in the wrong place. (that being Smallville)

Well the spell the kiss gave was broken when Lois saw them in the elevator kissing. I'm guessing because of his strong feelings for Lois it made it easier.

Well the spell the kiss gave was broken when Lois saw them in the elevator kissing. I'm guessing because of his strong feelings for Lois it made it easier.

Hmm. That makes a bit of sense, but it still bothers me how easily Clark was going to bang some hot alien Queen-of-Almerac chick.

Oh well. *shrug*

bothers me how easily Clark was going to bang some hot alien Queen-of-Almerac chick.

Oh well. *shrug*

Hot Alien woman with hypnotizing lips + Alien man raised by humans = Listening to 2nd brain from Clark, lol

LOL, now you guys are making me want to buy all the seasons of Smallville, and watch it on TV for all this stupid shit. STOP IT!!!!!!

Guest DCAUFan1051
bothers me how easily Clark was going to bang some hot alien Queen-of-Almerac chick.

Oh well. *shrug*

Hot Alien woman with hypnotizing lips + Alien man raised by humans = Listening to 2nd brain from Clark, lol

LOL, now you guys are making me want to buy all the seasons of Smallville, and watch it on TV for all this stupid shit. STOP IT!!!!!!

you know ya wanna buy all the seasons just do it already MUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

on a side note if Batman Beyond ever gets a complete series release I hope they include Epilogue with it and not JLU :D

Actually, Barda in Batman Beyond is the daughter of Mr. Miracle and Big Barda.

And no, I don't watch Smallville.

No, that was the same Barda that later (or earlier) appears in JLU. In the season three commentary reel, BT reminds the audience that since she's a New God she's practically immortal. Even more so than Superman.

• 2 years later...

Damn I'm way late for this. I just wanted to post the one thing I didn't really like about The Call. I guess no one would really see it but whatever. I'll do it anyway. I didn't like that there was a new guy doing the voice for Superman. Why couldn't the guy from STAS do it, or bring in the guy from JL early. I didn't understand why they did that since Kevin Conroy did the voice of older Bruce. I didn't get it.