The Geek Cast Radio Network

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

Coming Saturday July 11, 2009 from PredaconEmpire it's the MWIRE! An all new podcast from the hosts of The TFG1 Podcast & All Things Transformers. This will be a movie review podcast spanning most genres.

It would be for movie reviews. Such as overview of favorite movies, DVD releases for the week or bi-weekly, your thoughts on the movies based on the trailers out right now. And finally the movies in theaters. It could be a show with 2-4 hosts that even run on a schedule rotation with us as the main hosts. We would discuss the movies and give the rating based on what we saw. Also a stand alone movie review like the TFG1 Podcast's Supplemental Episode 6 with Ferris Bueller.

Been really thinking hard on how to get MWIRE off the ground.... Steve and I talked about several ideas and everything and it might be happening sooner then originally thought. Also Steve will be in four of the next upcoming TFG1 episodes. He'll be cohosting with me in Episodes 10, 13, 15, and 16. Episode 16 will be the movie review/roundtable episode discussing all things about the Transformers 1986 movie.

The ways I'm looking at MWIRE is the following:

Monthly Series of Movies, kinda like once a week reviewing 1 movie in a series. Such as The Spider-Man films, the X-Men films etc etc. I'm thinking of doing a 2 month Series for All Marvel movies as there are so many. Then I wanted to do Seasonal Movies, such as Christmas movies at christmas time. Summer themed movies during the summer etc etc. Then it'll just be a random movie every week chosen by one of us every week. We're still going back and forth over the artwork, but that'll come together eventually. Most likely it will be a weekly podcast, we can do movie news and DVD news and stuff like that, but I really want it to remain a review series type podcast.

I hope any and all of the Earth-2 forumites listen to this when it's released. :D Below is the final artwork for the new podcast.

TheMWIRE.jpg

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

Been working really hard on The MWIRE, and I have got a few intros recorded for the premiere episode. I also have been putting together a regular intro for it as well. I'm hoping that MWIRE hits the ground running and we have all the people that listen to ATTf and TFG1 listen to this as well. It's gonna be a somewhat different podcast as obviously it's not exclusively a TF podcast, but after watching G1 for the last 4 months and the upcoming 3 months I wanna talk about other stuff! What better to expand the empire then to talk movies.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

With being a host and cohost of a podcast now and our ideas ever spanning out into the universe Steve and I have decided to get an exclusive website for the podcasts that we do. The new banner we have for ourselves is GeekCast Radio. There will be a website soon that is all about all of the podcasts that we have either done or are currently doing. Right now that list includes:

All Things Transformers (ATTF)

The TFG1 Podcast (TFG1)

The Beast Unleashed Podcast: Reviewing The Beast Wars/Beast Machines Transformers cartoons (This will most likely start either before or right after Christmas 2009)

GeekCast Radio Presents: The MWIRE: Movie Week In Review (Coming July 11, 2009)

GeekCast Radio Presents: The ToonCast: A Podcast taking a look at older cartoons like Darkwing Duck etc etc This will feature the hosting talents of myself and another one of my Twitter friends.

We both hope that everyone will listen to the future projects we are going to be doing :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

SCP21 has been very busy with getting his wedding together so I'm gonna post the link to the predaconempire forums where he gives everyone the outline of our new Radio Network :DGeekCast Radio Network News There will be a dedicated website Steve has the domain bought and it will be geekcastradio.com it's not up yet, but it will be down the line.

Me personally I can't wait for all this new stuff that we are going to be doing. And under this new banner it's gonna be all kinds of awesome.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Well my original cohost has had to back out of ToonCast because of personal reasons and he just doesn't have time to be a regular. I'm still going ahead with the show. But I'm gonna put the call out to everyone on here that might want to co host with me. The general overview for TC is facts/discussion. It's not a review style show just more on thinking and looking back on the cartoons we grew up with. This will not cover anime as I am not an expert in that type show. We will generally record once a week on Wednesday nights for between 1-2hrs depending on how it paces out. We will also discuss animated films with the exception of all the Transformers cartoons as there's already 2 other podcasts for Transformers. If anyone would like to join please let me know. I'm needing a cohost to record Episode 0 by 5/8/09.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

The Schedule has changed drastically so I'm just gonna get rid of it here.... hopefully people will listen to see what we'll be covering

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I just wanted to let everyone know that the ToonCast list has been updated ^

Also we recorded episode 0 and episode 1 of GeekCast Radio as soon as I get a link I'll provide it.

GCR-

Episode 0- Introduction

Steve and I inform everyone what the flagship show of the GeekCast Radio Network will be about.

Episode 1: G.I. Joe: Resolute

In the first episode we discuss the mini adult swim series of G.I. Joe Resolute

Guest DCAUFan1051

hey all.... I updated the episode list.... the ones in red are subject to change as far as when we will cover them.... I'm super excited for this podcast and it's a little more then a month away.

Guest DCAUFan1051

MWIRE Feed

MWIRE has launched with Episode 0 the premiere will be July 11th go get the feed now..... all the new feeds should be in iTunes by tonight.

The GCRN is blasting off!!

EDIT: currently the MWIRE feed is down Steve will fix it later on.

Guest DCAUFan1051

GeekCast Radio and MWIRE now show up in iTunes!

I'll be recording Episode 0 and Episode 1: The Nintendo Cartoons tonight with my friends and cohosts on ToonCast..... these episodes should be up next saturday 6/6/09

Guest DCAUFan1051

GeekCast Radio Episode 02: Star Trek is now available on iTunes and the GeekCast Radio Website with a special clip thanks to the overlord of Earth-2 for giving me permission to use a clip from Earth-2.net: The Show Episode 298 about the Star Trek Captain's Chair replica... since it tied into our discussion about All Things Trek! enjoy!!

Guest DCAUFan1051

A Few Updates:

The Show Count:

1 All Things Transformers

2 The TFG1 Podcast

3 ToonCast

4 MWIRE- Movie Week In Review (Coming July 11th)

5 The Beast Unleashed (A Beast Wars/Beast Machines review podcast coming soon)

6 GeekCast Radio (The Flagship show of the network)

7 Transformers ToyCast (a Toy Roundtable Podcast discussing Transformers from all toylines)

Pretty much all the shows have been released through feedburner... some only have Episode 0's, but others are in full swing. You can find them all on GeekCastRadio.com

I hope that some of the earth-2 members give a few of our shows a listen. After all it's all Earth-2's fault that I got into podcasting! I'm kidding, but that last statement is kinda true.

Guest DCAUFan1051

ToonCast Episode 3: Tiny Toon Adventures is on iTunes now.... and with Cree Summer playing Elmyra I gave a shoutout to Mike & James.... because Elmyra is a super sweet annoying version of Max from Batman Beyond. ugh!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

We've had tons of reeases this past week Steve and I are becoming a podcasting machine.. here are the releses that have come out:

Transformers ToyCast Episode 04: The Bumblebe Episode

Transformers ToyCast ROTF Special Roundtable

ToonCast Episode 05- Thundercats

The TFG1 Podcast Episode 20

All Things Transformers Episodes 26-28

GeekCast Radio Episode 04: iPhone (releasing this saturday

and there's more on the way..... stay tuned!

Guest DCAUFan1051

we recorded a network wide update informing everyone on some programming notes and 1 news item. It will be available on ATTF, TFG1, GCR, ToyCast Feeds. So the next time you'll hear us is Saturday With MWIRE's premere with Steve "Snowball" Saylor and we'll be discussing Back To The Future The Complete Trilogy.

Guest DCAUFan1051

hey all..... we're gonna be recording episode 01- Back To The Future Trilogy tomorrow morning.... I'm so glad this podcast is finally here... Here's the Feed For it if anyone wants to subscribe: MWIRE Feed you can also search GeekCast Radio MWIRE in iTunes... I hope the earth-2 ppl give it a try.