Favorite Kind of Batman comics

grahamvidger

Batman comics are my favorite. But I only like the ones where its before Dick Grayson as Robin leaves Batman. Even though I love continuity fro most things, I do not like reading batman comics about Tim Drake or Jason or any Batgirls. But that is just me.

What kind of batman comics does everyone else like?

Where in continuity?

With what villians?

Like anything it mostly depends on the writer, but I do like the post-Dark Knight Returns stuff written by guys like O'Neill and Moench, where Miller's influence is key and combines well with the type of stuff Denny O'Neill likes to write anyway. I really like that period, up until Chuck Dixon came along.

Anything that stresses the Detective portion of Batman is usually worth checking out. In recent years Hush and the Red Hood series did a great job with this. Series that follow massive conflicts or focus on the physical confrontations can work but only if they have an overriding aim. That's why the start of Grant Morrison's run was good but it lost me towards the end. There were too many random elements that felt completely superfluous to the story.

Like anything it mostly depends on the writer, but I do like the post-Dark Knight Returns stuff written by guys like O'Neill and Moench, where Miller's influence is key and combines well with the type of stuff Denny O'Neill likes to write anyway. I really like that period, up until Chuck Dixon came along.

This.

Neal Adams' stuff is pretty inspired too.

Love the Brave and the Bold days too.