Ads on the forums?

Anyone who's visited Earth-2.net over the last week will see there are now ads on the site. (Hopefully they're not intrusive.) However, I've also been thinking about placing them (no more than two) on the forums. One would be to the right of the logo, the other at the very bottom of the page. I know other forums do this and it doesn't bother me, but what do you feel about this; would you mind seeing banner ads on the forums? (And just to be clear, ads would not appear in or between posts.)

Saw an ad for my local comic shop on the main page two days ago, which just made the owner very excited when I told him, so he's going to start plugging the site for us.

The one at the bottom really doesn't phase me, and with the fast reply usage, it's actually the best position I feel. From a style point of view, I think you would be better served doing a side panel one instead of at the top, but that would require major changes to the site. But would allow you 2 adds instead of 1.

As an aside, how easy was it for you to set-up your Google AdSense account for this? Or are you using a 3rd party?

As an aside, how easy was it for you to set-up your Google AdSense account for this? Or are you using a 3rd party?

I can answer this, as AdSense was the ad client I suggested after he started experimenting with other not-so-great ones. AdSense=super, mega easy. I use it as well for a website I run. Pretty idiot-proof, and seems to have quicker returns than other ad options.