JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

594823.jpg

Second stage evolutions.

• Hariboogu is Chespin’s evolution, remains Grass Type and learns Mudshot
  • Teerunaa is Fennekin’s evolution, it remains Fire Type and stands on two legs with a tree branch stuck in its tail. It can learnPsychock
  • Gekogashira is the evolution of Froakie. It is Water Type and becomes ‘slender’, it can learn Bounce

So, grass/ground, fire/psychic, and water/?. I'm game.

• 4 weeks later...

I friggin' love Pikachu. Granted, more as a character than as a useful pokémon in the games, but he is actually very useful for the first 60% or so of Red/Blue, since he's one of the first reasonably-powerful non-starter pokémon you can get early on in the game (and the only electric-type for a good while).

The last time I played Red, I had a Pikachu all the way through my main game simply because I needed a decent electric-type and I'd already raised the little guy quite a bit.

• 1 month later...

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will be delisted from PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade soon, Capcom has announced.

Capcom USA's Peter "ComboFiend" Rosas broke the news on the Capcom Unity blog, without offering an explanation, but it no doubt has to do with an expiring Marvel-related license.

The last day downloadable content for these games will be available in Europe on PSN is 19th December 2013 and globally on XBLA on 26th December. But there is a 50 per cent off the DLC sale on PlayStation's Store right now. No word on a similar deal on XBLA yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 3DS XL and Pokémon X for Christmas. It's the first modern handheld console I've had in a good several years.

I've had an iPhone in some form since 2008 (my current one is the iPhone 5), and in those 5 years I've played more games on iOS than I can count, but MAN am I glad to actually have a dedicated handheld game system again. This is so much better than mobile gaming it's not even funny. Apparently you get what you pay for: a copy of Angry Birds for $1 or Infinity Blade for $7 can't compete with the full-fledged experience of a $40 Nintendo title. With, you know, actual buttons and stuff.

I love this thing. I can't stand the base model 3DS, but the XL is wonderful. It fits adult hands nicely, the build quality is excellent, and the screen is awesomely vivid. Looks like I'll be spending an absurd amount of money on 3DS games in the coming months...

• 5 weeks later...