Sign in to follow this  
D.W.

Request thread (with scores!), updates, and random thoughts

The Dragon Warrior aka The One Warrior: So, this is an action movie starring Jason David Frank. First off, the backcover claims that it is based off, "A Variety of Popular Video Games." If by that, you're pretty positive that the writer played a few video games and decided, "Hey, what if I make a movie where it's just the protagonist going to place to place, fighting things!" From there, it just gets more silly. Jason David Frank obviously still never grasped actiing in the last few years and at least one supporting actress who might have forgotten how facial muscles work. Then you add in the sub-SyFY original film effects and the "twist ending" and it just gets so very bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUiKIPmJxk0 

Edited by dc20willsave

No, it's just a pretty bad movie. I think the back cover just figured that someone would buy the movie if it was based off a video game and that someone would remember when Dragon Quest was called Dragon Warrior.

Rjoyadet   

Freaky Fridays ,a blog that looks at bad paperback thrillers, recently posted about "The Glow." Which talks about the dangers of jogging, not heatstroke or dehydration but of geriatric cults which drain the blood of younger people. This is the rare entry that had a movie adaptation. 

S-T   

If not for the Milla Jovovich corollary to the Kate Beckinsale rule, Resident Evil 6 would be Tirades-worthy.

This is terrible. A tangled jumbled mess.They have retconned it to oblivion. Nothing that is happening makes any sense.

What is Umbrella's goal at this point? They went from wanting to make money from bio-weapons to wanting to wipe out earth's population because there are just too many people. Sure. 

There was one point where they put Alice in a deathtrap instead of, you know, shooting her in the face at point blank range. This is a woman who has displayed unbelievable fighting prowess and at one point had godlike powers. I yelled out "kill her!" while watching that scene.

Yes, Scott Evil has a point. The only time I ever want to see the main protagonist of a movie in a deathtrap is if Jigsaw is the one who built the trap.

This should have ended after the second movie. Alice is the biggest Mary Sue ever.

D.W.   

It's realistically the only way the show can continue now.  It's how I always wanted us to go eventually because I hate when it feels like work.

S-T   

Con-Air is a GREAT movie.

Silly, yes, but so great.