Sign in to follow this  
The Master

Every Film You've Watched in 2018

Coco: Shut up! You're crying!

Spider-Man Homecoming: Fun Spider-Man movie. I'm mainly here for Zendaya, Michael Keaton, and Marisa Tomei.

A Wrinkle in Time: Storywise, I was pretty meh. From a visual storytelling approach though? Wow! I don't care what the next thing that Ava DuVernay does, I am all over it!

Soapdish: Fun movie with a great cast. Too bad the ending is kind of antiquated, namely how the villain gets their comeuppance.

Films: 86
Repeats: 5
MST3k/Rifftrax Assisted: 3
Made For TV: 3
Documentaries: 1
Straight to DVD: 5

20 minutes ago, teenalphabro said:

I still have no idea who Zendaya actually is, like in terms of why she's famous. 

I believe she starred in Nickelodeon/Disney Channel sitcom. That's the extent of my knowledge about her.

Mystery Team: 2009 film starring Derrick Comedy which was Donald Glover, DC Pierson and Dmominic Dierckes. This movie's about a trio of high school seniors who - after spending the past ten years had been kid-sleuths solving useless mysteries - are on the cusp of graduation and taking on the world. At times a real "Who's who" of late 2000s/early 2010s comedic faces, this is generally pretty funny although it's mostly completely carried by Donald Glover doing a way more manic and immature Troy Barnes. 

Fear: Starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Wahlberg.

I had no idea this film existed. It's hilarious. Mid-90s teen horror film which almost always results in trash, the film isn't exactly bad but Wahlberg's natural creepiness makes it funny. William Peterson plays Reese's father who everyone treats like an idiot for rightly figuring Wahlberg to be an abusive POS. It's nuts. I'm sure @dc20willsave has probably seen it.

23 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

Yep. It came out a year too early to be able to ride off of Scream's success. It's pretty dumb.

Quality roller coaster finger bang scene.

Mom and Dad: I can't believe in this, the year 2018, Nic Cage is coming back around to being a respectable actor. 

Films Watched: 69 (nice)

16 hours ago, teenalphabro said:

That's a rare sentence. 

That depends on what kind of movies you watch.

The Rake/Skeletons in the Closet: research for an interview

Features: 153

Shorts: 43

Documentaries: 11

Rewatches:

Destroy All Monsters: You'd think a movie where aliens mind-control Kaiju to attack the great cities of the world would be more interesting but you haven't had to spend time watching scientist bicker in a space-ship instead of watching Godzilla knockover The Statue of Liberty.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Fun but it lays of the entire, "We're in a video game" stuff a little too thick. Also, wasn't sure if I should be offended by the Jack Black stuff or not...

Fantastic Four: This is the 2000s one. There's stuff to like (Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis) but most of it is pretty meh. The CGI on Mr. Fantastic was dated in 2005.

Films: 89
Repeats: 5
MST3k/Rifftrax Assisted: 3
Made For TV: 3
Documentaries: 1
Straight to DVD: 5