Randomness

Missy

Couple guesses:

1) (No offense to you, of course, but) They were shopping at Wal-Mart. They were looking at computers...at Wal-Mart. I don't think they were concerned with anyone's expertise, just rollin' back prices and something that could get them that there internets.

2) I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it was an impulse buy. Which is really. Fucking. Sad.

3) Yay America!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So do you guys have posh supermarkets over there? Because Walmart over here is Asda, which is popular but sort of low-rent. I don't really know the deal with Target or any of the other national chains. Here is the UK Heirarchy of supermarkets-

Top tier- Waitrose, Marks & Spencer. Expensive but really nice, good variety. M&S also a massive clothes retailer, which until the last few years was their central focus. Neither are true everything-under-one-roof retailers.

2nd- Sainsbury's- Proper supermarket, quite posh and a bit more expensive than the other superstore chains (Tesco, Asda & Morrisons).

3rd- Tesco- Biggest chain, with 30% of the market. Respectable and affordable.

4th- Asda, Morrisons- Cheap, marketed as value.

5th- Co-op, Somerfield, Iceland- Smaller neighbourhood stores.

Bottom- Aldi, Lidl- dirt cheap mostly imported bulk goods. Fascinating array of cheap meats.

If someone could give me an idea of the range over there it might give me more of a reference point when this stuff comes up.

Aldi is the tits when you want cheap food that you can round about eat. Tesco is the best one, as it's the cheapest and is generally, really nice. ASDA isn't too bad, it's really hit and miss if the shops a shithole or not. Thankfully, my close by one, is alright.

Co-Op now owns Somerfield, don't forget that Stavros, also, Co-Op is shit, usually. Morrisons is middle of the road, it's dark and dreary, and you usually just go in to get back out with your stuff ten minutes later.

So, if your ever in the UK and want to get food, go with Tesco first, and ASDA second. If you have time and like good stuff, go to M&S as that is a nice place. Waitrose is just expensive smug shit to me.