Randomness

Missy

So, we're talking about Credit Cards in my Sociology Class. Apparently some people don't use them responsibly. I'm twenty-two years old. I get it. I got so bored I literally just drew Deadpool, the Thing, Ghost Rider and Daredevil all fucking hour. I haven't paid that little attention since High School.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got so bored I literally just drew Deadpool, the Thing, Ghost Rider and Daredevil fucking all hour.

Sign that D.W. is working too much: he reads the sentence like this the first time.

On its own, it was fine, but it really jumpstarted the same "look who's in control this month!" story that Marvel's been telling for the past 3 years now.

The whole shift from superhero fun to political "intrigue" is what's really turned me from Marvel to DC over time.

On its own, it was fine, but it really jumpstarted the same "look who's in control this month!" story that Marvel's been telling for the past 3 years now.

The whole shift from superhero fun to political "intrigue" is what's really turned me off of Marvel the last year or so.

Ah. Yeah.

I like the political intrigue, but the constant "let's make the status quo even crappier!" mentality of Marvel's is grating on me. It's gotten to the point where I prefer DC just because I can pick up a Superman story and take comfort in the fact that the world will be set right again by the end of the story arc.

As I was recording the Previews episode of Earth-2.net: The Show, something caught my eye.

Here's the cover to JSA All-Stars #1:

dc39.jpg

Notice anything odd? No? Allow me to point it out:

JSA-boner.jpg

I know it's supposed to be a pocket, but that's not what it looks like from here.

I agree with all but the last one. The way it was written, you'd think Speedball was some major draw that moved Spider-man numbers before they turned him into Penance.

Well, they did say he wasn't a terribly popular character. Since his arrogance caused a major tragedy, I can see wanting to punish himself - that was seen when Spider-Man allowed J. Jonah Jameson to beat him up in "Back in Black." But That only works for so long before he becomes "annoying emo loser" instead of a tragic character filled with pain and grief - like the Punisher. Speedball/Penance crossed that line rather quickly.

I almost bought "Spider-Man: Reign." I am thankful I didn't waste my money.

Well, they did say he wasn't a terribly popular character. Since his arrogance caused a major tragedy, I can see wanting to punish himself - that was seen when Spider-Man allowed J. Jonah Jameson to beat him up in "Back in Black." But That only works for so long before he becomes "annoying emo loser" instead of a tragic character filled with pain and grief - like the Punisher. Speedball/Penance crossed that line rather quickly.

Seeing as we're part of a generation in which any male emotions outside of the reptilian need to eat, fuck, or kill are seen as "emo", that's hardly the fault of the creators.

I'm not even saying Robbie's been used all that well, but there's more that could be done with him now as opposed to when he was Speedball.

One of those classy, not sent by him, but a company and sent to everyone that isn't even addressed to you emails.

I think you might be missing the point. I agree that it is a mass e-mail and it is sent to everyone who makes a purchase from their site. But there was no need for him to compose the thank you note to begin with. That's what I meant by classy. He didn't need to do it. He just wants everyone to know how grateful he is that supports him financially.

He kinda needs to do that now. He's kind of got a reputation for being an ass.

?

Several years ago, he suddenly started acting like a jerk. Kind of like the Star Trek equivalent of a white Kanye West. He went on the Star Trek-themed episode of The Weakest Link and did nothing but make arrogant jokes and flirt with Roxann Dawson (who was older and married). There were rumors that he seriously ticked off someone involved in the production of Star Trek: Nemesis, because his scenes in the film were cut and not even put on the DVD (despite the massive fan anticipation of his character's appearance). At the same time, he was constantly telling everyone on his website how he was "not the enterprising young ensign" from TNG, like it was a political platform of his. Kind of a weird rebellion thing.

He seems to have gotten over that, though. Nowadays he seems a lot more mature and less prone to doing and saying stupid things. From what I understand, he's a pretty cool guy.

But yeah, people still halfway-expect him to snap and start acting asinine again.