The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Guest DCAUFan1051

Sorry to hear about that Dan that sucks!!!!

why is it that iTunes is sooooooooooooo fucking slow in adding new TV Show episodes. I have a season pass for a show I watch on Tuesday nights well the episode has posted in the iTunes Store however when I check for downloads the damn thing tells me that all my stuff has been downloaded that's available goddamn apple!!!!!!!!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the past 24 hours:

1) Broke up with girlfriend.

2) Got a very scary letter from the IRS.

3) Found out ex-wife is moving to California and taking the boy with her.

So, that's where I'm at right now.

Shit. I truly feel for you, man. I assume you didn't try to adopt the little tyke?

Guest DCAUFan1051

WHOOOOOOPS!! LOL

I think I sent a very nasty email to the iTunes Store support people before I should have refeshed iTunes LOL

But my gripe is this:

iTunes says that TV Shows NEW episodes are available 24-48 hrs after airing on TV well my Tuesday Show showed up in the iTunes Store to buy but I never got the goddamn email alert about there being a NEW episode to download. Then Knight Rider was supposed to be availble today well as of 10 mins ago I got no email and iTunes said all my purchases had been downloaded. I write the email and send it I then refresh iTunes and low and behold KR episode starts downloading below is the email I sent:

Hello Rory or iTunes Store support:

I see that the latest episode of Knight Rider 2008 is available for purchase on iTunes however my season pass didn't download. If it's available in the dang iTunes store why haven't I received my email alert and why hasn't it been downloaded yet.

This is the second time out of the three season passes I have that the NEW episodes are available to buy in the Store but aren't available to us season pass holders. I'm sorry to be so angry but what the fuck are you people doing wrong? I paid hard earned $ to get these episodes and it seems to me as if it's going to waste. I could understand if the episodes weren't already up in the iTunes Store but they ARE!!!!!!!!!

what are you people doing to correct this very frustrating issue???

Michael Blanchard

iTunes is severally pissing me the fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fight:

the reason why I addressed the email to someone was that was the name that came up in the from field when I received a reply from the iTunes Store the last fucking time this happened.

That's a very confrontational e-mail DCAU, it didn't really have to be.

Well, looks like I'm going to have a be a dick right now, as that seems to be all I'm good at.

You shouldn't have caps locked "New" it doesn't add emphasis and overall the e-mail comes across as confrontational.

You shouldn't have said fuck, but you were angry, I would have worded "You fucking assholes better fix this like this"

I am very disappointed that my pass has not worked for your episodes for the second time, it is very disheartening as I think what you do is a great service. I was hoping you could let me know what is going on with the situation and let me know when it is going to be fixed as I do not want a repeat of this issue as it may mean taking my business elsewhere.

Thank you

Austen Beattie

But hey that's me, and I'm a prick.

So, Mike B., if the show is available to download 24-48 hours after it originally airs, and Knight Rider is on (if I'm not mistaken) Tuesday night, then by the terms of the agreement, iTunes has until late Thursday night to make the show available. I mean, I understand wanting it as quickly as possible, but there's really no bad faith on their end.

So, Mike B., if the show is available to download 24-48 hours after it originally airs, and Knight Rider is on (if I'm not mistaken) Tuesday night, then by the terms of the agreement, iTunes has until late Thursday night to make the show available. I mean, I understand wanting it as quickly as possible, but there's really no bad faith on their end.

There is also the issue of automatic updates. I can be subscribed to a podcast and the new one might be up but it won't always downloaded as soon as I open iTunes. In order to get it straightaway I sometimes have to look myself, like with WFP this week. Its not something I blame apple for, its not like it wasn't going to download at some point.

Guest DCAUFan1051

KR is on Wed it should be available Thurs but Dan the point is when I checked it this AM around 11 IT WAS available for individual purchase but the season pass didn't update. That's my problem. I'd understand if it wasn't posted in the iTunes Store I wouldn't have a problem.... but it was in the iTunes Store at 11am but I received no email until a few hours ago. Right before I posted my rant.

in hindsight I should have worded the email better but this is twice that this shit has happened when episodes are posted in the iTunes Store and the damn season pass doesn't update.

And suave taking my business elsewhere wouldn't work because I use iPhone iPod Nano and iTunes for everything. Movies, TV Shows, music, Podcasts etc etc.

yes Stavros you are correct I refresh my podcasts at least once a day because the auto download doesn't work for some odd reason. and when I refresh the podcasts if there are other downloads available they refresh as well. But still..... the issue is that why doesn't the damn season pass update when the episode is posted in the iTunes Store. UGH!!!!!!!

Guest DCAUFan1051
And suave taking my business elsewhere wouldn't work because I use iPhone iPod Nano and iTunes for everything. Movies, TV Shows, music, Podcasts etc etc.

Well, there's your problem.

Just kidding :angel:

lol jack your such a comedian :laugh: and in my opinion iTunes and iPod Family etc are easier to use then Windows Media Player or any other MP3 player I've come into contact with.

Guest DCAUFan1051
So... basically, we're talking about a two-hour lag between the episode going online at 11 and the season pass being updated a little before 1?

actually I didn't get the email until after 2...... but the point is that if the ep is available for individual purchase why wouldn't the season pass update when the episode first posted?

it's ok now I've got the episode but still it's fucking frustrating as hell. If I pay for something and it's supposed 2 download at minimum of 24 hrs later I want it ASAP I guess it's the OCD in me. LOL

I'm just gonna say this, and then I'm gonna drop it.

I understand the frustration, Mike, but I can tell you that I worked in customer service for many years, and we wouldn't hesitate to shitcan an f-bomb dropping customer who had a much more serious issue than their notification not coming in as soon as they'd like.

I guarantee you Apple's not paying those tech reps enough for that.

Guest DCAUFan1051
<WFP mode>Clearly</WFP>, the lesson to be learned here is that iPods suck (as does Apple's customer service from what several people have told me) and you should buy a Creative Zen or a Microsoft Zune.

:angel:

DEATH TO MICROSOFT Zune's suck!!!

Wow, this is less of an I need to vent thread and more of I want to slag Ipods thread......

Ah still got it....

Anyway I use to love my Ipod it was a lot easier to sue than my frigging Sony walkman which takes fucking ages to transfer shit.

And suave taking my business elsewhere wouldn't work because I use iPhone iPod Nano and iTunes for everything. Movies, TV Shows, music, Podcasts etc.

DCAU I'm going to say this once, does the head of Itunes live in your place? Is he your room-mate?

It's not going to be like this one morning

"Hey Mike."

"Hey Gary"

"So I hear your taking your business elsewhere...."

"Well not really..."

"Don't lie to me!"

"It was an empty threat"

"Why don't you say you love me anymore!"

"Because your my room-mate and the head of Itunes!"

"That's no reason to be mean!"

"I'm sorry!"

"What's their name!"

"Who?"

"The person your leaving me for!"

And so on.

Making up a blatant lie will help you a lot better than saying "You fuckers are annoying me" as you can come across as just an asshole, which you aren't, but they don't that, all they have to go on is your e-mail.

So... basically, we're talking about a two-hour lag between the episode going online at 11 and the season pass being updated a little before 1?

actually I didn't get the email until after 2...... but the point is that if the ep is available for individual purchase why wouldn't the season pass update when the episode first posted?

it's ok now I've got the episode but still it's fucking frustrating as hell. If I pay for something and it's supposed 2 download at minimum of 24 hrs later I want it ASAP I guess it's the OCD in me. LOL

To be honest, that's not that bad - I had bought the season pass for Robot Chicken, Season 3 last year, then the show went on hiatus from December til August. The first new episode downloaded just fine, but then the next several didn't come up in the season pass, although they were able to be purchased individually. I sent tech support an e-mail about it - they never really explained why, but it was a couple weeks before the episodes downloaded. On the bright side, they did send me a coupon for a free TV episode...

Then again, I'm still working through Stargate SG-1 and starting on Atlantis. I'm so used to watching TV on recorded media rather than as it's broadcasted by now that I just shrug and pick something else to watch until whatever I bought is available.

Chris

Guest DCAUFan1051
I really don't hate the iPod that much, although I think my Zune is better. I just like giving DCAUFan1051 a hard time because he's an Apple fan, and I'm an Apple hater.

We can fight if ya want Jack My iPhone will kick your Zune's ass any day and I can get music wirelessly as well hello the iTunes WiFi store?? why do u think I have a router on my PC lol.

Apple is ten times more innovative then Microsoft ever thought that they could be. Hell just look at the NEW MacBooks do you see Windows machines running Leopard hell no but the MacBooks run windows OS lol

Des your right lol

hey maybe we should fight this out in The Apple Inc Thread Jack that way people can get back to real vents here LMAO