The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry to hear about that Professor. All the best, man.

My work laptop went apeshit today and my profile/account was obliterated. It took me all day to recover most of my files (mostly .cbr files that shouldn't have been on it in the first place :angel: ) but I may have lost my novel. I know, stupid. Fuck. 63 pages down the tube unless tomorrow is more fruitful.

IMHO, the script you've chosen sounds pretty interesting, and you have two nights to find the people you want/need. There is that whole having it out with the other directors thing, but I'm sure you can sufficiently beat the other directors into submission. ^^

Admittedly, I don't know how large of a pool you have to choose from, but I'm sure you'll find the people you're looking for.

Okay, my mini-week of hell is almost over.

-Got a good jump start on things, I finished an assignment due Monday 8AM at 5PM on Sunday

-Sunday night, I could not sleep. Didn't fall asleep till 4:45AM, was up again at 6:30AM

-Have an assignment due at 2PM today, didn't get to it last noght in part because I was so tired from the insomnia last night.

-Currently working on said assignment in another class.

-In this class I will have a one-on-one interview with the instructor concerning an assignment I did, I like it but he has high standards.

-My project group has two major assignments to work on and we have collectively less than nothing done, we're hoping to do some marathon work sessions on Sun-Tue of next week.

Thank God for the next three days all we're doing is attending the 2nd years' IPP Proposals, all we need to really do is show up.

I've been asked to work out our companies carbon footprint per average job and there is just NO consistent source of information for all this BS. I'm all for sorting this stuff out but if they want anyone to actually try to do it they need to make it about a hundred times more straightforward. Carbin footprint of 1m cube of cement? Not one person on this planet knows apparently.

:(

The next forty-eight hours or so are going to be made of crazy.

Got a lot of errands to run tonight, and two tech crew shifts that will potentially be a pain in the ass.

Tomorrow will be my oral interview for Japanese, along with presenting the outline for my final paper in Modern Chinese Lit and Cinema, the one class this term that I absolutely loathe. Upon finishing this, and with brief breaks for meeting w/my dad for a meal, dinner, and Anime Club elections/meeting, I'm going to be hammering out the paper so that I'm either done with it by tomorrow night or Friday sometime.

Friday I get my take-home exam for Quantitative Analysis in Anth (basically stats that'll actually apply for the Anth major), and I plan on finishing that as soon as I get it. If I'm not done with the MCLAC paper, I'm going to be finishing that one up, too.

10th week. It is, in fact, trying to kill us all. (We're on a trimester system out here.)

I had to write a polite but informative letter to the hosts of the Timesonline Bugle Podcast after one of them mischaracterised Mixed Martial Arts as "20 stone guys with tattoos beating the shit out of each other with dangerous looking chairs", scoffing at a US senator who wanted to legalise it.

I hate to be that guy but I wrote quick summation of modern mma, outlining the unified rules, the safety record (better than boxing or american football) and including a quote from former MMA opponent John McCain where he said that the sport in its modern form was no longer the human cockfighting event that he had fought in the 90's, acknowledging that they had cleaned it up.

Its fine to be against it but just know what the hell you are talking about beforehand. You can't say MMA should be banned whilst not saying the same thing about all the other more dangerous sports.

I have a feeling it was mischaracterised for the purposes of humour. Alright, it props up an outdated view of current MMA but it was comparing the senator's view on how evil Barbie dolls are compared to MMA fighting, which isn't as wholsome as he believes it to be. I wasn't bothered by it as a result - then again, I don't hold a burning hatred for Andy Zaltzman either! ;)

I have a feeling it was mischaracterised for the purposes of humour. Alright, it props up an outdated view of current MMA but it was comparing the senator's view on how evil Barbie dolls are compared to MMA fighting, which isn't as wholsome as he believes it to be. I wasn't bothered by it as a result - then again, I don't hold a burning hatred for Andy Zaltzman either! ;)

I did get the point of what they were trying to do and I know that any reasonable person would let it go, but I haven't got where I am today by being a reasonable person.

Having no internet at the new house is driving me insane. The only option I have is to get net through Direct TV to the house, but it's so goddamn expensive that I need to somehow convince my roommates that they should chip in and help pay for internet they'll never use.

Having no internet at the new house is driving me insane. The only option I have is to get net through Direct TV to the house, but it's so goddamn expensive that I need to somehow convince my roommates that they should chip in and help pay for internet they'll never use.

Tried Fios through Verizon or DSL through Verizon?

I've been getting prank calls from a "Unknown number" for sometime, they know some personal details of mine, talking about some of my exes by name, and just freaking me out. I have no idea what to do. I give up.

Take days and times of call and record what they say. In case they slip up. A harrassment charge can be a bitch.

Or, pull an Andy Kaufman and pretend to be someone else like a Hindu man every time they call.

I've been getting prank calls from a "Unknown number" for sometime, they know some personal details of mine, talking about some of my exes by name, and just freaking me out. I have no idea what to do. I give up.

Take days and times of call and record what they say. In case they slip up. A harrassment charge can be a bitch.

Or, pull an Andy Kaufman and pretend to be someone else like a Hindu man every time they call.

I called Alltell, and they gave me a couple of options, one being filling out a form and getting a subpoena, allowing Alltell to trace the call. I've prepared a statement for the next time they call:

"I've talked to my phone company. All I need to do is fill out one form at the police station. Then they get a subpoena, and the calls get traced. This is your out. You never call me again, and I forget it. But if you ever, ever bother me again, I swear to God, I'm coming down on you to the fullest extent of the law."

I called Alltell, and they gave me a couple of options, one being filling out a form and getting a subpoena, allowing Alltell to trace the call. I've prepared a statement for the next time they call:

"I've talked to my phone company. All I need to do is fill out one form at the police station. Then they get a subpoena, and the calls get traced. This is your out. You never call me again, and I forget it. But if you ever, ever bother me again, I swear to God, I'm coming down on you to the fullest extent of the law."

You're Judge Dredd.