The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Shit Mike.

Are you taking any ibuprofen style tablets for it?

In my really wothless vent compared to you and Dubs, Mike.

I am waitingb for two things to come in the post, one is my comics from DCBS, as I am hoping I do not customs charged, as I am trying to stick to a budget right now, to lower my stressful money worry.

The other is something I hope not to get is a letter from the government saying my claim for jobseeking allowance, has been denied again, I sent them all the paperwork they needed and reapplied and it all seems to be fine, but I just need to wait till wedensday to see if everything goes through fine, and i don't get another letter the day before telling me to fuck off.

I need that money to pay off the last of my fuck up from last year with SAAS where I got overpaid and had to pay the money back (I was overpaid £645 and as of tomorrow I will have been able to pay back 460) and if I can get the rest of that paid off, without having to resort to using a credit card (Which I have now, I haven't used it yet, and don't plan to, till I need to, 17.9% APR is really high to me), or asking for help, it will be such a great feeling knowing I was able to handle that, without asking for help, true I've bitched about it non stop.

So, really I'm hoping for one thing to show up, and the other not to show up. My life is contradictory like that.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm getting kicked out of my place at the end of the month.

I'm still trying to decide whether I should be upset or happy about this.

I'm trying to decide whether to say "sorry" or congratulate you.

Here's what you gotta do Mike.

Step 1: Become part of the Chicago underworld.

Step 2: Get shot.

Step 3: When the underworld physician is treating your bullet wound, you say, "By the way, could you take a look at my neck?"

Gotta be the best idea I've heard all day. Fuck "part of," walk in with Rape Whistle Ronald and they'll hand control over to you.

Here's what you gotta do Mike.

Step 1: Become part of the Chicago underworld.

Step 2: Get shot.

Step 3: When the underworld physician is treating your bullet wound, you say, "By the way, could you take a look at my neck?"

Post of the day?

Also how about you go in disrupt a meeting with Rape Whistle Ronald around your neck and say "And I thought my jokes were bad...."

Sometimes my neck, jaw, nose and brow hurt so bad I want to smash my face through a window. Or get punched squarely in the head. I don't care. Either way, it would allow me to focus on some other kind of pain. Ugh! Whenever I get like this, all I want to do is put my head down. One, because I'm in pain. Two, because I can't focus on anything. Three, sometimes sleep makes it better. Four, it's hard to keep my head up.

You want a worse pain? The Joker killed Batman's parents.

Sometimes my neck, jaw, nose and brow hurt so bad I want to smash my face through a window. Or get punched squarely in the head. I don't care. Either way, it would allow me to focus on some other kind of pain. Ugh! Whenever I get like this, all I want to do is put my head down. One, because I'm in pain. Two, because I can't focus on anything. Three, sometimes sleep makes it better. Four, it's hard to keep my head up.

Why do you hate me? :cry:

I'm tired of AT&T.

I want to upgrade my Internet service. I want to give them more money each month. Yet every single time I call, I have to jump through hoops to speak to a live person. When I finally get someone, they have trouble recognizing my account. When they finally access said account, I tell them what I want. "Oh, we have to transfer you to the sales department," they say. Never mind that the buttons I pressed should have routed me to the sales department in the first place. As they attempt to transfer me, the call is disconnected. Every. Single. Time.

I'm tired of AT&T.

I want to upgrade my Internet service. I want to give them more money each month. Yet every single time I call, I have to jump through hoops to speak to a live person. When I finally get someone, they have trouble recognizing my account. When they finally access said account, I tell them what I want. "Oh, we have to transfer you to the sales department," they say. Never mind that the buttons I pressed should have routed me to the sales department in the first place. As they attempt to transfer me, the call is disconnected. Every. Single. Time.

AT&T is the worst! You know how many bars I have??? F**ing one!!! Well, Right now Im not to sure, considering how my screen just cracked. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Why do you hate me? :cry:

Sorry, you said you wanted to focus on a worse pain and we all know thinking of that unpleasantness causes you to inflict pain upon yourself. Was just trying to help. At least I didn't suggest marathoning a bunch of Max episodes of Batman Beyond followed by The Terrible Trio. As for AT&T, must be a regional thing. I've personally never had a problem with them.

Rob Liefeld on Shatterstar's Outing:

Rob Liefeld isn’t happy about the latest plot development involving Shatterstar, the Marvel superhero he introduced 18 years ago.

Last week’s X-Factor #45 ended years of speculation, and in-story hints, about the relationship between Shatterstar and Rictor by showing the former X-Force teammates — both C-list players in the X-Men universe — reuniting with a kiss.

On his blog, X-Factor writer Peter David assured fans the development “isn’t a fake out.”

Liefeld, however, wishes otherwise.

“… I have nothing against gays, I have gay family, nuthin’ but love here,” he wrote on his message board (registration required). “Ditto gay characters if that’s what their true origins are.

“As the guy that created, designed and wrote his first dozen appearances, Shatterstar is not gay. Sorry. Can’t wait to someday undo this. Seems totally contrived.”

Created by Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza, Shatterstar debuted in New Mutants #99 (March 1991) before becoming a fixture of X-Force when the series launched a few months later.

Like Cable before him, Shatterstar was the quintessential early-’90s Marvel — and Liefeld — superhero. Wearing shoulder pads and countless pouches and wielding an oversized sword, Shatterstar was a genetically engineered warrior from another dimension. With a flowing rattail.

He initially was depicted as asexual, and struggling to understand human behavior. What he wasn’t, Liefeld insists, is gay.

When a forum member pointed out that other writers continued to flesh out the character after Liefeld left Marvel — some even dropped apparent clues about his sexuality and his relationship with Rictor — Liefeld responded: “Your opinion doesn’t change the fact that it sucks and it’s not a positive move in most fans’ eyes. And it’s all well and fine that you don’t respect a creator’s wishes or intent. I’m different like that.”

Later he added, “Shatterstar is akin to Maximus in Gladiator. He’s a warrior, a Spartan, and not a gay one.”

First off, I hate it when people cover up homophobic remarks with "I have gay family but..." If anything, it just shows that you should know better and realize that what you're saying might be considered hurtful by a person in the community. Hell, prefacing the comment with that is just giving a red light to anyone reading it that what's to come is potentially offensive.

However, over all, I'd say this has more to do with Liefeld's ego. I get that he co-created the character but, quite frankly, he worked on him for about a handful of Shatterstar's appearances. Liefeld is really more annoyed that someone is doing something interesting with a character he created that doesn't involve crotches flying into people's faces and women who exist to be nymphos and walking busts. That's the danger of working in the comic book industry that even readers can recognize: you don't own the characters. Even if you created it, once you cease writing, you don't control it anymore. I know that's part of the reason that Liefeld left Marvel to begin with so, I'd expect him to realize of all people that this is out of his hands and bitching about it isn't going to change that. If something is really unpopular, then it will probably get retconned but when it's something that people have been waiting for for years like this thing with Shatterstar, it's likely to stick. I can't remember a time I haven't thought that Shatterstar was a fan of Cher.

On a side note, don't mix your references. If he's like Maximus in Gladiator, obviously he can't also be a Spartan. Spartans are from a completely different area, culturally and regionally, from Rome. Please, do your research. It's not that hard.

So, by Liefields logic, Barry Allen never died as his original creator didn't kill him.

Jason Todd never came back from the grave and went insane or even died in the first place.

Dick Grayson never became Nightwing.

Renee Montoya never became the question.(Well, Preston will like that)

Superman never died in the mid 90's because Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster never wrote it.

Batman's back never got broken.

Gwen Stacey never died as Steve Ditko and Stan Lee didn't write or pencil her death.

Thousands of moments in comics never happened and the advancement of characters never happened as the original creator had nothing to do with it.

Liefeld should do his own Summer event like an infinite crisis event with every character he created or co-created and call it "Crisis in Liefelds mind"

Also anyone who says "I have gay friends..." so? Who gives a shit, it's like he's trying to hide the fact that he thinks it's ok that people can be gay, but as long as it isn't anything involving him, or the characters he did for a while, then left someone else to do.

But who really listens to Liefeld anyway.

For everyone who think AT&T sucks, its because they do suck. Get Verizon if you can, there are some really good deals with it that save you money and their are nice phones that support it. Verizon doesn't have "More Bars In more Places", but instead it always has Way More Bars, But In Less Places (only works in USA and some other parts of North America).

Shit, hope it went ok sir.

Since when did hospitals have patient internet access?

all hospital beds around here have these tv screen/phone/internet thing mounted on big swing arms coming off the walls. good in theory, naff on practice. its like using dial-up and windows 95 to access modern websites.

So, to update on what happened this morning, I kept to my word, and told my mum, well I shouted at her just to shut up.

She was trying to treat me like a kid when I was trying to watch my nephews.

In all honesty she deserved to be told to mind her own business.

I am getting sick and tired of my fucking family.

I know I keep saying it, but my room and life are like a stopping point for all the bastards to interfere with and try and act like I am a fucking loser/idiot who needs their help.

I lost my fucking phone! It either has to be at the McDonald's where I stopped for dinner or somewhere in my car. Or maybe it fell out of space and time, because no one at the McDonald's has seen it, and I've turned my car inside out. Fuck! :grumble: