The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Transcript of my "Warriors of the Deep" live tweet:

Alright, it's time to live tweet "Warriors of the Deep!" It doesn't have Soldeed in it, so we're already in the red. #GreenPaint

It must be hard for that guy to do his job since the buttons on his computer are Skittles. #GreenPaint

This is the first story I've seen with classic Silurians, which is why I'm surprised there are red lights in their heads. #GreenPaint

One of the women in the base is randomly wearing bits of red and green on her suit. Is it Christmas? #GreenPaint

"Turlough, I'm worried you're going to pull an Adric and sell us out in every other story." #GreenPaint

In the future, chairs will be made from Razor scooters. #GreenPaint

Silurians like holding their hands over glowing objects. Also, first Myrka mention. #GreenPaint

Ha! Saw your eyes, dude in the Silurian costume. #GreenPaint

When I heard The Doctor getting asked for a security code, I thought he was trying to get to Endor. #GreenPaint

Okay, when the makeup on the regular people is terrible, you know the story isn't quality. #GreenPaint

I wonder who donated their Atari for sound effects use. #GreenPaint

Ah ha! That's it! Somebody thought it would be cool to mash the Daleks up with the Creature From The Black Lagoon. #GreenPaint

I can understand why Maddox is so stressed: he did have to get plugged into the Mind Probe after all. #GreenPaint #nonotthemindprobe

"Did you use that lift control?" "Yes." "The one that needs to be done in sequence?" "...Yes." "VISLOR TURLOUGH IS AN IMBECILE!" #GreenPaint

The base commander has NES controller patches on his collar. The NES was released in 1985. They really traveled to the future. #GreenPaint

"I've set the reactor to overload." "This is madness!" "THIS...IS...WARRIORS OF THE DEEP!" #GreenPaint #notsorryaboutoutdatedreferences

Man, The Doctor is in a foul mood today. Setting reactors to overload and kicking dudes in the face? Must have missed breakfast. #GreenPaint

Er...Turlough? I think drowning takes longer than that. #GreenPaint

And that's episode one. The sets and costumes are so poor, you can tell they rushed this one like crazy. #GreenPaint

What is with the guy slowly banging on the door? That is hilariously bad. #GreenPaint

The Sea Devils: when someone looks at an eagle and thinks, "Ooh, this could be a little more underwater." #GreenPaint

Tarpok is the Tupac of Doctor Who rappers. #GreenPaint

And...there's the fart joke. I'm going to need a minute, folks. #GreenPaint

And...there it is again. I imagine RTD watching this and going "Silurians...no. Sea Devils...no. Fart jokes...WE HAVE A WINNER!" #GreenPaint

How did they get into the TARDIS? Someone forget to lock the doors? Also, Sea Devils waddle. #GreenPaint

Guys. GUYS. They just gave the order to release the Myrka. #GreenPaint

Yes...reawakening someone's warrior cousins is a sign of a peaceful disposition. #GreenPaint

Those breaking down doors are horrible. Just horrible. #GreenPaint

Oh...my...god. The Myrka. It's like Swamp Thing gave birth to a horse.#GreenPaint

No wait...it's if Swamp Thing gave birth to a centaur. And it was really a rubbish costume. #GreenPaint

That's episode two. I want to see the Sea Devils in Modern Who. They have a lot of potential that isn't realized in this serial. #GreenPaint

"It's blinded" was Peter Davison referring to the Myrka and the poor souls inside the suit. #GreenPaint

The flapping arms and the gigantic bottom half in the long shot...there's...there's just no way this ever looked good. #GreenPaint

Wait...the Sea Devils dress like samurais in battle!? That is AWESOME! #GreenPaint

Everyone should have been given a raise for talking about the Myrka seriously rather than snickering. #GreenPaint

"Planning to Bring a Little Sunshine Into the Myrka's Life" is the first single off my upcoming album Songs to Fly A TARDIS By. #GreenPaint

Aw yeah...it's time for the fight of the century: Dr. Solow vs. The Myrka! Only one can leave the ring!#GreenPaint

Dr. Solow tried random and ridiculous karate for 5 seconds, but she was no match for the sheer awfulness of the Myrka costume. #GreenPaint

This was playing in my head for those five seconds:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLJLyneZGKc #GreenPaint

The Sea Devils' weapons are made from umbrella handles. #GreenPaint

Even in death, the arms of the Mykra flap. #GreenPaint

And episode three ends with The Doctor blinding someone with ultraviolet rays. The Fifth Doctor: taking no crap with a smile. #GreenPaint

The Doctor just walked out of a room full of Silurians and Sea Devils. Guess good underwater warriors are hard to find. #GreenPaint

Turns out the reptile killing gas in the first episode can kill Sea Devils. Who saw that coming? #GreenPaint

By the way, there were no visual effects for the humans' guns throughout this entire story. #GreenPaint

No Doctor! Don't use the Mind Probe! #GreenPaint

Yes Doctor, there should have been another way, another way of telling the story so that I cared. And that's the end. #GreenPaint

The Sea Devils were awesome, but not as awesome as Romana and Soldeed and not able to overcome the awfulness of the rest. #GreenPaint

A new worst Doctor Who story has been crowned. The story I plan to live tweet next will be "Timelash," but not for awhile. #GreenPaint