The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just attempted to read the Michael Moorcock Doctor Who tie in novel. I made it through three chapters before giving up.

Was it that bad?

Not exactly bad. Weird. Like 'dropped at least two tabs of acid' weird. Well written.... but seriously out-there weird. Even for DW. I just couldn't stick with it.

I doubt it would be Madge. She's a mom. I can't realistically see her leaving her kids, even if they have their father, to travel with the Doctor. That said, I could see one of the kids, when they're older, traveling with the Doctor. Madge calls The Doctor in to help the Family in the 50s. One or both of the kids decides they want to go with the Doctor. I might like the dynamic of the Doctor traveling with Siblings.

So, I guess the more regenerations that the Doctor uses up, the more immune he is to death by falling. Ten fell out of a plane and was only in slight pain. Eleven freefalls out of Orbit and is just a little dizzy.,

He mentioned that the suit was "repairing" him after his fall. So apparently he was hurt, but the suit kept him alive somehow.

I loved the bit at the end with the Doctor being uncomfortable with his emotions and the concept of family.

More than their final exchange, the reason I think Madge will be the next companion is because she took encountering an alien all too well. A woman from 1938 should not have been that calm about a man who fell to Earth. So I'm thinking she might be like Turlough: an alien hiding here for one reason or another.