The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moffat talks about all types of random Doctor Who things: the TARDIS's personality and motives, the ratings situation of Doctor Who (and how the press is misreporting it), and the thought process behind casting a man or woman as the Doctor.

http://youtu.be/JeCM7LiThEs

EDIT: And as I post this, I see that it was also posted today in the awesome videos thread. Oh well.

I'm watching Series Seven on blu ray, and it looks incredible. Far better than it did even in HD upon broadcast.

However, it does suffer from the scourge of really good HD: for the first time in a long time, there's a close up of Madame Vastra and all I can think is, "That right there is an actress with a metric shit-ton of makeup on her face." You can see the joins and the stippling left by the make-up sponges.

It'll be simulcast in 75 countries which is pretty mind boggling.

Europe: Germany (Fox), Finland (YLE), Poland (BBC Entertainment), Russia (Karousel and NKS)

North America: USA (BBC America), Canada (Space)

Latin America (BBC Entertainment and BBC HD): Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela

Africa (BBC Entertainment): Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania & Zanzibar, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Australia (ABC)

Asia (on BBC Entertainment): Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand

I've just finished listening to the audio story The Piper's Lament and although it is described as being not Doctor Who it's basically an old version of Jamie telling his story of what happened to him after The War Games. It's read by Frazer Hines and is completely gorgeous. Well, it almost brought me to tears! I would seriously recommend giving it a listen if you can.

The story about the huge cache of episodes has been going around for months now. At one point it was over a hundred episodes that had been found.

I believe that it has been disproved but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw that. Guess we'll just have to wait till Tuesday to find out.

Getting tired of this "cache of lost episodes" dance.

Heres a report from the Daily Mirror which suggests that BBC Worldwide are holding a press conference on Tuesday about it. It looks like this is actually going to happen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/long-lost-doctor-who-episodes-unveiled-2345526

Dan, There are two UK newspapers that you should never ever believe, even if they told you that snow was cold and the sun was hot. And one of them is the Daily Mirror.