The Doctor Who thread

Someone suggested Natalia Tena (aka Osha from Game of Thrones) and I think she'd be pretty good. I honestly don't know who they'll choose as the next Doctor, but I'm sure they'll be good.

Ooh! I always thought she'd make a good companion, but as the Doctor....I'd like to see that.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hadn't really thought about it but as much as I like some of the Doctor Who music it would be nice to see what someone else would do in the role.

And I agree more is less Murray Gold has a tendecny to sometimes make it over powerful. Silence can sometimes be just as powerful as music and I'd like to see them use it sometimes.

According to Moffat's interview in EW, he's known that Smith was leaving the Christmas special after the 50th pretty much since the day he was cast.

We discussed ages ago that we would do three series and then he would do the 50th and then he’d do Christmas. That was Plan A for a very, very long while. That may sound cold that it was so far in advance but you’ve got to plan a career. [Laughs] The question was, “Will I be able to talk him out of it?” We went out for lunch and he said that he’d come very close to doing another series but it was the same argument: “If I do another series, I think I might do two more series, or three more series. I think I might never leave.” It’s that thing of wanting to leave while you’re a huge hit and not let it tail off. It’s part of the ecology of the program, it’s part of the DNA of the program, that there is going to be a new Doctor now and then.

It’s also, it has to be said, an overwhelming schedule for the actor playing the Doctor. As a workload it precludes you doing anything else. It precludes theatre, it precludes any significant other television or film work really. And even trying to crowbar some time in for him to do other things — which was part of our charm offensive — in the end he wanted to go and develop the other parts of his career.

Has anyone seen this story on what Davis was planning for TSJA if it could have kept on? I'm unsure of the validity of this but it seems to be real. The big news story of the piece is that Luke Smith was to have come out to Sarah Jane after hinting he may find a Boyfriend at school, Sarah Jane would have been as accepting as ever to simply reply "As long as it's not a Slitheen, I don't care!".

http://www.hypable.com/2013/07/05/russell-t-davies-dishes-on-the-doctor-who-spin-off-the-sarah-jane-adventures/

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.ca/2013/07/cbbc-wanted-sja-gay-character.html

-Skyler

While I'd rather they go with someone older, that may be rather neat. I did not have the pleasure of seeing him on Broadway but there was a point where the National Theatre of London put the Servant of Two Masters update called One Man, Two Guv'nors, which he was in with James Cordon, in film theatres and I saw his work there. I am not sure if he would play it in a silly, clownish way or a serious mannor however looking at the rest of his resume but in the single role I saw him in he was really quite good if not pretty broad. Still, what else can one expect from a updated Camila Dell'arte show?

-Skyler

If Doctor Who was an American show, I'd say we'd be getting the announcement next week during Comiccon. That said, the more I think on it, if the BBC is able to keep it under their hat until the 50th Anniversary convention, then I think that might be where they try the reveal. Otherwise, like all of the "BLANK is going to be the next Doctor" rumors, I'm going to be looking at this with a smirk and a roll of the eyes.

Just picked up the DVD of City of Death, should be fun.

Also the cover makes me realise that if they ever want to do a story where Romana II comes back the perfect actress is already around.

City%20of%20Death%20DVD%20Cover.jpg

hannah-murray-skins.jpg

Hannah Murray, from Skins and Game of Thrones. She was also in Clone with Matt Smith a few years ago.