What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Just saw Hangover this afternoon. It was a pretty solid movie. It didn't have me, say, rolling on the ground laughing, but it got a few laughs out of me for the sheer absurdity of the situations.

Gonna go see Precious tonight at our campus center's cinema. God, I love being a college student and not having to pay to see recent good movies.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 Rock = SOOOO awesome last night.

Jack: Jonathan! Why aren't the phones ringing? Is it senior executive skip day? That's usually in the Spring, so we can go to an amusement park...

Jonathan: I don't know, sir! *GASP!* Maybe we're the last people on Earth! WE ARE LEGEND. You're Will Smith, and I'm the dog!

Fido

Really didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. Not particularly funny at any point and the satire is way too on the nose to be effective in any way. Carrie Anne Moss was hot.

Just watched Zombieland. I enjoyed it, but I am so over Jesse Eisenberg. He plays the same character in every movie.

Good thing I've only seen him in one movie then.

It's not just him. All this generation's nerd actors are like that. Jesse Eisenberg, Michael Cera, John Heder, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse all play the same roles over and over again.

Just watched Zombieland. I enjoyed it, but I am so over Jesse Eisenberg. He plays the same character in every movie.

It's not just him. All this generation's nerd actors are like that. Jesse Eisenberg, Michael Cera, John Heder, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse all play the same roles over and over again.

Cera's probably the one that'll last longest of those guys, plus he is moving into more versatile stuff now. Can't wait for Scott Pilgrim. Its not fair to say that about Mintz-Plasse either, he was McLovin once, but he hasn't had a film career really big enough to step outside that yet. I think he looks pretty different in Kick-Ass.

Cera's probably the one that'll last longest of those guys, plus he is moving into more versatile stuff now. Can't wait for Scott Pilgrim. Its not fair to say that about Mintz-Plasse either, he was McLovin once, but he hasn't had a film career really big enough to step outside that yet. I think he looks pretty different in Kick-Ass.

He was pretty much the same in Role Models, and from what I've seen he plays Red Mist the same way in Kick-Ass. Him and Cera were both in Year One as the same types.

I'm halfway through the Bourne Trilogy. The casting is superb, the nameless assassins so far have been Clive Owen and Karl Urban, it doesn't get much better. In terms of quality this might be the most consistently good film series I can think of. It's certainly one of the few where it only got better and better.

Watched The Blind Side on the weekend, I need to officially hand back my 'man card', I was a blubbering mess through it. I'd just finished reading the book and so I knew the key moments and themes and still got emotionally smacked around! A friends in-laws saw it and he told me they went home and reviewed their donations for the year, to make sure they were doing enough.

Time Bandits:Terry Gilliam tries to make a kids movie, produces cinematic abortion. Cameos from Sean Connery, John Cleese and Shelly DuVall were not enough to make me not hate this. David Warner as the villain, not enough to save this. How can a movie about time traveling dwarves robbing Napoleon be this bad? How? Out of five stars, fuck this movie.

Terry Gilliam did Fear and loathing. That gets him a pass, everything else he's made has verge on mediocre, to just plain shite*

*I don't count Python films, as he co-directed most of them with Terry Jones.

Fisher King, Brazil, 12 Monkeys, Tideland...oh yeah. Totally mediocre. :rolleyes: