What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching through FFXIII, cause I'm not going to be able to afford either of the systems that it's on. My reaction to it at this point? ...I don't have a damn clue what's happening. Also, Vanille's VA is probably one of the worst I've heard in a looong time.

I just watched the pilot for an American version of The IT Crowd. Holy crap, this was awful.

I don't know why they didn't just try and fund the English version. That shit is perfect. Also: Fourth season is in production.

The script is almost word for word the same as the original British pilot episode. It's where they do change stuff that it gets awful. And the actress they brought in to play Jen is pretty bad.

Watching Advent Children Complete. I can't be snarky cause I have some True Believers in here, and all I can say at this stage is that the stuff they seemed to add is being really vague, moar fanservice, and more lens flares.

Also, nothing compares to watching the new Doctor Who on a projector with a bunch of fellow fans.

Hellboy II- First time I'd seen it since the cinema. Still think the CGI golden army fight at the end is meaningless, but I really like the rest and that fight is followed by an awesome Hellboy vs Nuada deal so its forgivable. I think the first time I saw it as being way to detached from the horror roots of hellboy, but this time I was enjoying it on its own merits. Its a really close stylistic successor to Del Toro's Blade II, and its no coincidence that Luke Goss is the villain here too. I sorta resent him not being in more stuff, he's great in both of those films. What makes this is the impeccable production design, humour and superb fight sequences. Fun film that went up in my estimation on a second viewing.

The Incredible Hulk- Another good film that suffered from a shitty CG fight at the end, the difference being that this shitty fight was the actual finale so it really hurts the overall thing. Its a damn shame when you consider how great some of the earlier stuff is, with Tim Roth going all Captain America on Hulk. Suffers from a lack of fights as truly spectacular as the first film, nothing tops Hulk fighting helicopters and tanks in the desert, but its a solid film overall.

Final episode of Scrubs, as in the med school version. There is something appropriate about this episode focussing on the med students thanking families for donating a corpse for them to mess with for a semester. Kind of like how they were given the show.

I'm kidding, Scrubs: Med School has actually been pretty good, its a shame to see it go.

Final episode of Scrubs, as in the med school version. There is something appropriate about this episode focussing on the med students thanking families for donating a corpse for them to mess with for a semester. Kind of like how they were given the show.

I'm kidding, Scrubs: Med School has actually been pretty good, its a shame to see it go.

It got better once Braff left, he was really bringing the new show down. But I'm not sad to see it go.

I rewatched The Incredible Hulk over the weekend, and I think it's better than the original Hulk.

Nah. More suitable Bruce Banner, better Hulk fights, better Betty, better General Ross. Really the only thing wrong with the first one is the lack of any good villains whatsoever. Abomination, whilst cool in the early super-soldier stages, is a cgi crapfest and doesn't bring Inc Hulk higher than the original by himself. I like a lot of stuff from the new film but performance and imagination-wise the first tops it.

Nah. More suitable Bruce Banner, better Hulk fights, better Betty, better General Ross. Really the only thing wrong with the first one is the lack of any good villains whatsoever. Abomination, whilst cool in the early super-soldier stages, is a cgi crapfest and doesn't bring Inc Hulk higher than the original by himself. I like a lot of stuff from the new film but performance and imagination-wise the first tops it.

Nah. More suitable Bruce Banner, better Hulk fights, better Betty, better General Ross.

When I first read that, I thought you were talking about the second one and nodding my head, while being confused as to why you said "Nah" before it.

The first film was a decent drama, but it really didn't seem to work for me. The second one was just so much fun and worked so much better as a comic book film than the first one that it just took the cake for me. The final fight with Abomination was admittedly pretty disappointing, though. I actually vastly preferred the fight in the middle of the film.

Last night I finished off my house's boxset of Alien/Predator films by watching both Alien Resurrection and Predator 2. Whilst the former was somewhat derivative of its vastly superior predecessors (I liked Alien 3, despie the hoo-ha around it), I've seen much worse films than this one. That said, there was one particular character I really wanted to die horribly and they didn't, which always annoys me in films. Predator 2 was pretty interesting, although I think the original film was less flawed as a whole. And didn't feature Gary Busey.