What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's going to be one of the first games I get when I buy another 360.

I was in Target a few days ago playing the demo and spent a good 20 minutes just seeing how many cool counters I could pull off.

If it's the area I'm thinking of (the one where all three guys are facing the same way) you have to crawl up behind them one by one and use the silent takedown (Y or Triangle, depending on whether you've got a 360 or PS3). Even though it looks like the other two would notice, silent takedowns in this game really don't make any noise.

If it's the area I'm thinking of (the one where all three guys are facing the same way) you have to crawl up behind them one by one and use the silent takedown (Y or Triangle, depending on whether you've got a 360 or PS3). Even though it looks like the other two would notice, silent takedowns in this game really don't make any noise.

No, no, it's the one after that one in the MUCH bigger area. I got past the three goons in the smaller room easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Newest game I've been playing is Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Pretty much Spider-Man 2/3 gameplay with some different moves and ways of doing things. I really enjoy the improvements to gameplay, but I ABSOLUTELY hate the voice acting. The only character who the voice acting has been decent is Black Cat.

Borderlands is amazing. Adding RPG elements to a first person shooter isn't particularly new or unique, but they've specifically gone out of their way to make the game feel more like Diablo than Fallout 3 or Deus Ex. It helps that the gunplay is so much better than in either of those games. Enemies are a lot more fun to fight too, since they don't just run around inn place like the guys from Fallout 3 do.

There's something immensely satisfying about getting a gun that will blow most enemies in half instantly.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2010 - I'm doing a review of this.

Street Fighter 4 - Holding over until Super comes out.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - I'm only a few minutes in, but I can already tell that all of these super detailed rooms full of things I can't interact with are going to drive me crazy.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I've been playing Super Mario All Stars on the SNES. Mostly Mario 3 from it. I like how they updated the backgrounds. Obviously they could do more with the 8 bit games on a 16bit console... yay!

I'm currently slogging through Dragon Age: Origins. It's a fairly typical offering from BioWare: amazing story, mildly repetitive killing of enemies.

Of course, I'm such an amazing player with incredible powers of foresight that I managed to wind up at the final boss battle without any health potions, so I may be working on this for a long, long, long time to come.

Playing Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3, in order to prepare for number 4 for when that gets here with my brand new PS3. Currently on Metal Gear Solid 2. The story is still all over the place, and they throw so many things at you, all the time, but the gameplay is miles ahead of number 1. The ability to go into FPS mode to aim, the attention to detail, hiding bodies in lockers, some smarter enemies, it still a huge upgrade in terms of gameplay. I also found that it's not the Raiden character so much as the girlfriend who's completely fucking annoying, as well as the fact that it's basically game 1 from a different point of view. We didn't need a new point of view, we didn't need Raiden, and we certainly didn't need Raiden's fucking girlfriend. Just give me a completely new game continuing Snake's story.

Anyways, I never played 3, but it's exciting because I get to experience a whole new story, while with 2, I'm replaying as a refresher.

Rented UFC Undisputed. The controls are going to take some getting used to, but great fun so far.

Yeah, it's a fun game, but your best off renting it.

Playing through Subspace Emissary on Super Smash Bros Brawl; just got to Subspace. Also, have tried Brawling online, but I have something of a crazy lag. Though maybe that'll fix itself one of these days.

I need to go back to brawl at some point.

I have to finish up lego star wars, and then onto returning to GTA IV to finish that game.