What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Project Gotham Racing 4. Only two vehicle packs away from finishing the game, and where I hated the bikes to start with they are now my preference. Gorgeous game, and simple enough that I can listen to my ipod while playing and not get distracted, which is useful for going through the complete Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry.

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy:CC My Life as a Darklord is pretty solid. I haven't played a tower defence game before, so it seemed like as good a place to start as any. At the very least it kept me entertained for a few hours. I've also got a bunch of indie games to talk about for my next ongoing look at indie gaming.

I also played a bit of Cold Fear (which was just as dissapointing as I thought it would be) and Space Invaders Extreme (which is perfect for 5 minute blasts). I even got in a bit more time with Little King Story, which is slowly becoming more and more amazing.

This week I'll probably crack open Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and No More Heroes.

Wait, an emulator for what type of games?

I know of some emulators for games that are for some Nintendo systems (GB/GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, NDS, and a couple others).

I don't think there are emulators for Wii yet on Mac.

I would be glad, and probably able to help you, but what version of Mac OS X do you have?

Here are some links that might help you:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/mac/

http://www.pure-mac.com/emu.html

http://www.vg-network.com/emulators-for-mac-os-x/

So, a little help needed, I figure this is fairly relevant.

I'm looking to install a video game emulator on my Mac. What do you people use for emulators, does it work for Macs, and about how much space does it take up? (Game recs would be appreciated, too)

Check your PMs.

I'm playing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time for the very first time, and I'm not blown away. Maybe it's because I've played games that it inspired first, but the whole experience seems kind of "been there, done that." That's not to say I dislike the game. Quite the opposite, really. It just doesn't feel as exciting as I had hoped.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Shnobi III on the mega drive collection.

Orignally started playing it, to get the original game(One of the first games I ever played) and am really get into it.

God the mega drive collection is awesome.

Ristar and Gain Ground are the hidden gems of that collection.

Last time I was in here I was working on Spider-man 2. I beat that game rather quickly but honestly it was a really fun, but dated game. I love the swing system, the combat was sufficient, at times good, and the game was just right in terms of difficulty.

After that I finished the Sly series beat Sly 2 and Sly 3, which took me most of the summer to do. Sly 2 was a step up from Sly 1 as they opened up the world a bit, had a little bit more free roaming and added variety by adding more playable characters but still kept the core charm and core characters the same along with the excellent villains. The third one just went overboard, sometimes I felt like you barely play as the title character, they expand the character list by so much that the story gets lost at times due to the sheer variation of characters and play styles. Still a great game that's fun, but I think Sly 2 is the best entry in the series.

Next up...really I don't know.

I'm playing Mario Kart while I can, here, as I head back to school on Sunday (NOT SOON ENOUGH). Currently working through the last of the time trials, trying to unlock the last kart/bike that you can in that section and Toadette. Also trying to get 1 star on the 150cc and Mirror to unlock all that.