Captain America 3

Koete

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to feel like this is overload. I've made no secret of not being a fan of the entire Civil War aspect of this movie but... that's a lot of actors. Even if the majority are just cameos, that's still a lot of screen time when I would have just been happy with Cap fighting The Serpent Society like they'd briefly teased.

The story doesn't work without the heroes being around. This would be so hollow if it was just RDJ and they would obliquely reference everyone else. Of course the question is should this story be told in the first place, and I think it's a great idea for the movies.

I have a feeling like the vast majority of the characters are going to be treated like some of the guest heroes in Avengers 2: sure, they're there, but they're not exactly vitally important. Which is basically how the comic went, too. It was the Cap and Tony show, with Spider-Man in the middle and a whole lot of other people in the background not being important.

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Should have just called it Avengers 3.

The current "Who the hell is Martin Freeman supposed to be" rumor has him as Everett Ross, the US State Department attache to Wakanda from Christopher Priest's Black Panther run.

That would be FUCKING PERFECT.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...