Help influence Episode 22!

slothian

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 20, our subject will be......oh boy..... Nicolas Cage.

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the joint review on Saturday 15th August, so get your ideas in before then!

NB) Ian has covered Ghost Rider elsewhere, and we *may* be treading on the toes of our good chums over at the Tiradesverse if we covered The Wicker Man. Still, if you demand it - and they grant their permission - I'm sure we could make room.

Face/Off and Adaptation. Don't mind on the third, but these are his peaks for me, the greatest examples of his range and sensibility. Come on, he plays both the mass murdering criminal and the cop trying to catch him, as well as a neurotic writer and his outgoing twin brother. Two dual roles.

All kidding aside, Faceoff is just the best example of his action side, that Con Air/Rock type thing. For pure range and genuine acting skill you have to go with Adaptation. Don't waste a watch on National Treasure.

Drive Angry is the maddest piece of weirdness ever committed to celluloid and you owe it to yourselves to experience the Cage turned up to maximum crazy-nuts.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll question not just your own sanity, but that of everyone who has ever witnessed this batshit movie.

I say, embrace the Cage, embrace Drive Angry, and know life in all it's glory.

Here endeth the lesson....

I'd vote for Face /Off for the reasons previously stated. It's like a really violent remake of Freaky Friday and Cage is off the chart bonkers as Castor Troy. Raising Arizona for an early comedy role and Leaving Las Vegas as that's what he won the Oscar for.

I'd give an honorable mention to Ghost Rider just for the image of Ian's skull bursting into flames with rage.

Isn't that the dream? You Want This Podcast? The Nicholas Cage Podcast

At least spell the guy's name right, jeez....then again, this is the guy who can't spell humour correctly! [/shotsfired]

Sorry, my phone auto-corrected.

Anyway, I will love if a Nic Cage podcast happened. It's a great idea and I look forward to potentially hearing/watching along.

Nic Cage cast? I'm in. His entire filmography though only films where he is the lead or main co-star (no cameos or bit parts) in chronological order. A section of Earth 2 The Show perhaps. The title?

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL WATCHING NICOLAS CAGE

Would you start with Rumblefish or go as far back as The Best of Times, a TV pilot starring Nicolas Coppola and an also debuting Crispin Glover?

Also, just spitballing here, how about making it a site co-project, change up the hosts every episode, get fresh perspectives on Mr Cage each episode with different combinations of people.

Name idea- Trapped in the Cage. That or just The Nicolas Cage Show.

We should probably let the Wilsons make their episode and then start this up as a reaction to their terrible choices of films.

I like the idea of rotating hosts. I think one person should sign up for the whole insane journey and pick up hitchhikers on the way. As a scientific experiment to find out what exposure to his back catalogue does to him. As you say though, let us leave such plans upon the back burner until such time as 'demand Wilson boys done gone recorded.

Definitely something to think about. Of course the show could never catch up with the man, not at the rate he makes movies.

Heat Seeking Panther: A Nicolas Cage Podcast

edit: Damn. My enthusiasm has definitely been dampened by the discovery of the Cagecast, this exact concept.