Ultimate Wolverine v Hulk

Missy

I don't think it has anything to do with the Hulk being able to break adamantium. It looks like he severed them from the lower part of the spine, which means he more than likely ripped cartilage. It's one of the reasons I've always felt adamantium Wolverine's power has been greatly overexagerrated, by both Marvel and X-Men fans. At least in the Ultimate Universe, he's had a foot cut off by a sentinel. Decapitation should still be a major threat for him.

And when did Ultimate Hulk come back?

How did they repair his foot? I assume it grew back, but what about the Adamantium?

There's an issue of What If...? where Wolverine is thrown backwards in time, and is nearly decapitated by Conan. The only reason he lived is because a very tiny portion of skin held his neck together; that little bit was enough to allow his healing factor to kick in. Very cool story.

How did they repair his foot?  I assume it grew back, but what about the Adamantium?

I don't know, let me dig it up. It happens in issue 44. He's hit by an energy beam on the foot. I originally thought it cut it off, but there's a later panel wich shows a skeletal foot hanging off (which makes 0 sense, since burning off all of his flesh should cause the foot to fall apart). So apparently they decided to get around it with some weird anatomy. I'm kind of disappointed now, because I thought it would be cool if his foot wasn't adamantium and they just threw in little references to it every now and then. Like, Colossus accidently stomps on his regular foot or something. Or he forgets its normal and kicks something in anger.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Hulk being able to break adamantium. It looks like he severed them from the lower part of the spine, which means he more than likely ripped cartilage.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing.

This could be a cool series. I'm not a huge fan of the "ultimate" line, but I may pick this one up.

Question: why do Hulk and Wolverine hate each other in the Ultimate universe?

I don't think it has anything to do with the Hulk being able to break adamantium.  It looks like he severed them from the lower part of the spine, which means he more than likely ripped cartilage.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing.

This could be a cool series. I'm not a huge fan of the "ultimate" line, but I may pick this one up.

Question: why do Hulk and Wolverine hate each other in the Ultimate universe?

They don't have any personal resentment that I know of (I think). The way it will be explained is that S.H.I.E.L.D. will send Wolverine out after Hulk since he's back and rampaging around. And since Hulk has been a major thorn in the side of Nick Fury for a long time, he figures he might as well send the guy who's "the best at what he does" after him.

I'm paraphrasing ^ from an interview, so take it how you will.

How did they repair his foot? I assume it grew back, but what about the Adamantium?

There's an issue of What If...? where Wolverine is thrown backwards in time, and is nearly decapitated by Conan. The only reason he lived is because a very tiny portion of skin held his neck together; that little bit was enough to allow his healing factor to kick in. Very cool story.

How did Wolverine survive the whole windpipe and spinal chord being chopped in half thing? Did his healing power kick-in in super quick time?

• 3 weeks later...