Indiana Jones 4

Missy

Harrison Ford Announces Indy 4 Deadline

Harrison Ford has told George Lucas and Steven Spielberg that if they don't get Indiana Jones 4 off-the-ground next year they can find themselves a new man to wear the hat.

The 63-year-old tells Contact Music that, t's looking very good to do another one. I haven't felt this positive about it happening in a long time... but if it doesn't happen in the next two years we should all forget it."

The latest is that the film will begin shooting in Autumn this year.

Producer Frank Marshall says it's a definite priority at the moment. "Way back when Harrison was being honored by the AFI when this all started, we were all standing backstage, we saw all the movies and everything and we were a little nostalgic and mellow and we said, 'You know, that was fun. We ought to do that. Let's try and do this." Marshall tells Zap2it.com.

"Well that was a while ago. And I think that what we want is we want it to be as good as the others. These are not stories based on anything, so it's taking a while. But I'll tell you, it's on the front burner and we're gonna decide to do this or not real soon. We're gonna have a script real soon and now it's a question of getting our schedules all to where we can do it," is all Marshall can promise. "There's four of us, so it's hard."

Harrison Ford Announces Indy 4 Deadline

Harrison Ford has told George Lucas and Steven Spielberg that if they don't get Indiana Jones 4 off-the-ground next year they can find themselves a new man to wear the hat.

The 63-year-old tells Contact Music that, t's looking very good to do another one. I haven't felt this positive about it happening in a long time... but if it doesn't happen in the next two years we should all forget it."

The latest is that the film will begin shooting in Autumn this year.

How long has this been going on? Probably longer than the JP4 rumors and several other franchise rumors combined. Heck, there's even a Back to the Future sequel rumor out there with Michael J. Fox playing the older eccentric Doc-like character. Although, I think those were Michael's words while he was musing aloud. At any rate, imho, Harrison will end up playing a character as old as Sean Connery's. I remember reading articles about thrown out scripts involving our Indie in the 1950's or something. I have no idea. It's like every time ID4 is mentioned in movie news, another script's been thrown out or someone threatens to drop out.

I adore the original trilogy, The Last Crusade being my favorite, but shouldn't some sleeping dogs just, well, you know.

~marit

• 1 year later...
Indiana Jones has uncovered a new sidekick.

Shia LaBeouf, the 20-year-old actor who stars in this summer's Transformers action thriller, has signed to co-star alongside Harrison Ford in the fourth Indiana Jones movie.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2...es_N.htm?csp=34

Better than Kevin Costner as the brother (that's a film I would not go see). If Edgar Wright says the script is good (latest CHUD podcast) that's enough for me.

Frank Darabont says Indiana Jones 4 was a Tremendous Disappointment

“It was a tremendous disappointment and a waste of a year,” Darabont told MTV. “It showed me how badly things can go. I spent a year of very determined effort on something I was very excited about, working very closely with Steven Spielberg and coming up with a result that I and he felt was terrific. He wanted to direct it as his next movie, and then suddenly the whole thing goes down in flames because George Lucas doesn’t like the script.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/04/17/frank-...disappointment/

Hmmmm, not sure about this one. If done correctly the UFO thing could have been ok actually. Especially if linked to something like the Pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. If I were a betting man, I would say Lucas is just hell bent on having Jones Jnr Jnr in any new movie and if this script didn't include it, that was his reason for canning it.

BUT, if it were to come down who I trust to pick a winning script lets see

# of stinkers released by Lucas ... four/five

# of stinkers released by Spielberg... zero

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
The title of the new Indiana Jones adventure, now in production under the direction of Steven Spielberg, is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it was revealed today by actor Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf, who stars in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone and John Hurt, announced the title during today's MTV Video Music Awards, which were broadcast live from Las Vegas.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a Lucasfilm Ltd. and is being distributed by Paramount Pictures. It will be released in the U.S. and simultaneously in most territories worldwide on Thursday, May 22, 2008. Frank Marshall returns as producer, with Kathleen Kennedy joining George Lucas as executive producer.

What a long, complicated title.

The title of the new Indiana Jones adventure, now in production under the direction of Steven Spielberg, is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it was revealed today by actor Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf, who stars in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone and John Hurt, announced the title during today's MTV Video Music Awards, which were broadcast live from Las Vegas.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a Lucasfilm Ltd. and is being distributed by Paramount Pictures. It will be released in the U.S. and simultaneously in most territories worldwide on Thursday, May 22, 2008. Frank Marshall returns as producer, with Kathleen Kennedy joining George Lucas as executive producer.

What a long, complicated title.

Ugh, that title pretty much confirms how crappy this movie will be. Indy's already found (and lost) the holy grail so really what could be more significant than that? What does the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull mean anyway?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, some may know that I made a bold statement to some friends that if the movie includes the line (or anything similar) to "I'm getting too old for this shit" I would walk out of the cinema. Where do you guys think that opening line of the trailer fits in to that? Am I in trouble or am I safe. I think it is different enough in context for me to be safe, but the fact that I noticed it, I think I could be in trouble.

For the record, I think it looks good. The effects on the jeep ride/battle were shitty though.

Ok, some may know that I made a bold statement to some friends that if the movie includes the line (or anything similar) to "I'm getting too old for this shit" I would walk out of the cinema. Where do you guys think that opening line of the trailer fits in to that? Am I in trouble or am I safe. I think it is different enough in context for me to be safe, but the fact that I noticed it, I think I could be in trouble.

For the record, I think it looks good. The effects on the jeep ride/battle were shitty though.

I thought it was different. Rather than saying I'm to old and bitching about it. He sounds like he's coming to terms with it. It's not delivered in a funny way.