Saw... IV?!

Missy

From Wiki:

Saw 4

In an article posted on Bloody-Disgusting, it has been revealed that Tobin Bell, aka Jigsaw, may be returning in a sequel to the Saw trilogy.

Tobin Bell, who plays Jigsaw in Lionsgate's Saw franchise, wasn't joking when he said he was signed on for five sequels... we received multiple confirmations yesterday that various writers have been tapped to write different scripts for Saw 4, which would hit theaters next October if Saw 3 performs well the weekend of October 27th. How many writers are on board? We think right now four, but haven't been able to confirm an actual number- but we do have a few names that we unfortunately cannot share at this time. Watch this spot for more news as it comes in.

It is unknown, but rumoured that James Wan and Leigh Whannell, writers of the Saw trilogy will not be working on this production.

Reported on www.moviehole.net on the Gossip Section that Saw 4 may be a prequel with possibly Cary Elewes and Danny Glover from the first film might be involved.

:shakehead:

Hey, at least this time they're writing scripts for Saw. In the case of Saw II it was under a different name until it was bought up and changed into a Saw film.

It is interesting to see this kind of film pop up. Tobin Bell couldn't possibly require a big paycheque so he'll keep returning for the booster to his fame and the regualr cash flow. They'll keep using him to make these movies that cost extremely little to make and will obviously double the budget opening weekend.

Like the eighties all over again with Robert Englund.

I thought the first one was pretty passable and had some harrowing moments (the saw scene in particular as well as the pig-headed dude crawling around the car). Not too bad. I haven't bothered with the sequel because what more do you need to see.

Well, in fairness, Robert Englund is as badass as they come in animated show voiceovers. Felix Faust anyone?

And shite at acting. Have you seen 2001 Maniacs? :shakehead:

Negative. But anyway, Saw IV..........well, I'm seeing Saw III in a few minutes, so I'm sure when I get home I'll be wanting to wretch at this news.

From Wiki:

Saw 4

In an article posted on Bloody-Disgusting, it has been revealed that Tobin Bell, aka Jigsaw, may be returning in a sequel to the Saw trilogy.

Tobin Bell, who plays Jigsaw in Lionsgate's Saw franchise, wasn't joking when he said he was signed on for five sequels... we received multiple confirmations yesterday that various writers have been tapped to write different scripts for Saw 4, which would hit theaters next October if Saw 3 performs well the weekend of October 27th. How many writers are on board? We think right now four, but haven't been able to confirm an actual number- but we do have a few names that we unfortunately cannot share at this time. Watch this spot for more news as it comes in.

It is unknown, but rumoured that James Wan and Leigh Whannell, writers of the Saw trilogy will not be working on this production.

Reported on www.moviehole.net on the Gossip Section that Saw 4 may be a prequel with possibly Cary Elewes and Danny Glover from the first film might be involved.

:shakehead:

And Saw 5 as well. They have already confirmed that Saw 5 is in the planning stages. The films take about 10 million to make, so if they continue to gross 40-50 million they will keep making them.

• 3 months later...

From IGN:

Saw IV Buzz

Cast and plot rumors online.

by Stax

January 31, 2007 - With Saw IV slated for an October 26, 2007 release, production would have to get under way soon in order to make that date. David Hackl is rumored to direct.

Now comes the first bit of casting and plot buzz about the sequel. According to a scooper at IfItsMovies.com who claims to have read the script, Ja Rule has been cast in the film.

The site claims the rapper-actor will appear in the film's opening scene, which will also reportedly be the first scene shot when principal photography supposedly begins in Toronto in March.

It is also reported that Angus Macfayden's Saw III protagonist Jeff will return for the sequel, although there's no word yet on whether Macfayden himself will play the role again.

IGN Movies could not reach either Ja Rule's or Macfayden's reps for comment by publishing time.

Huh??? I thought they were going for a prequel. I mean, having a sequel when you take into account the way Saw III ended makes absolutely no sense.

Oh, wait..........that's right--this franchise thrives off nonsense. My mistake.

EDIT: And can someone explain how Ja Rule keeps getting roles in movies? He's a shitty rapper and an even worse actor.

EDIT: And can someone explain how Ja Rule keeps getting roles in movies? He's a shitty rapper and an even worse actor.

The only good thing that involves Ja Rule is the fact that he was the basis for OG Loc in GTA:SA. Still, wouldn't it be fun to see Ja Rule being gorily slaughtered!? :devil:

The only good thing that involves Ja Rule is the fact that he was the basis for OG Loc in GTA:SA. Still, wouldn't it be fun to see Ja Rule being gorily slaughtered!? :devil:

Well, you got me there.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Has anyone else seen Saw IV? I watched it last night. Seriously, how much retconning can they do before making the series impossible for new viewers to jump into?

Ahem...

:angel:

I saw Saw IV in the theaters. I liked it, but they are trying to hard to keep it going. Now there might be a chance that Saw V won't come out until next year, since they may film Saw V and VI back to back and than release it like they did The Matrix and LOTR sequels.

Has anyone else seen Saw IV? I watched it last night. Seriously, how much retconning can they do before making the series impossible for new viewers to jump into?

Ahem...

:angel:

I saw Saw IV in the theaters. I liked it--

Um.........why...?

I don't know I guess its because it isn't just another slasher film like Freddy and Jason(as much as I like those films). I like the mystery throughout the film and how the twist are.