52 and World War III

Dread

That's an Elseworlds pirate Batman. Kyle and Donna are from what would have been Earth-8. Robin / Red Robin is from Kingdom Come. The Spectre is in the background, where the Statue of Liberty should be. So, yeah, this is a combination of DC's Earths. Something is up.

That's an Elseworlds pirate Batman. Kyle and Donna are from what would have been Earth-8. Robin / Red Robin is from Kingdom Come. The Spectre is in the background, where the Statue of Liberty should be. So, yeah, this is a combination of DC's Earths. Something is up.

You're making me feel like a doof, I can't find the Spectre. Near as I can tell, the thing on the Statue platform is Miss Liberty's legs and toga.

You're making me feel like a doof, I can't find the Spectre. Near as I can tell, the thing on the Statue platform is Miss Liberty's legs and toga.

That's what I thought.

Well the Question is doomed regardless now. Sort of annoys me considering his status in 52 is up in the air right now.

Green Arrow is looking at Black Canary, lending weight to rumours the two will be involved again.

Is that a new costume for Kyle or is it his current Ion costume, I've lost track of all his looks.

Red Robin from the Kingdom universe is a cool sighting, especially with the Kingdom univerrse crossing over in JSA right now (Kal-L teaser, current Starman having come from that universe).

I'm cool with Mary Marvel getting a bigger role, though things look bleak for her. She's in a coma now (post 52), half her Superbuddies friends are dead and DC seems intent on killing off any property invented by another company.

An interesting picture. Much to ponder.

Nope. That's the Spectre in the top right corner.

And that isn't a new Ion costume (as far as I know); it's his Earth-8 Green Lantern / Ion costume. (Earth-8 is the Earth we would be reading right now had the original Crisis on Infinite Earths not transpired. Kyle as GL / Ion, Tim Drake as Batman, Bart Allen as Flash, Donna Troy as Wonder Woman, etc.)

A Legion ring? Somethings up with the future stuff, what with Fatal five stuff popping up throughout 52. Throw in that the JSA Starman is the starman of the Legion of a former reality who when to the Kingdon universe and has now arrived here. Could just left over continuity. I hope it is I like the new Legion and I want them untouched by all this.

Ray Palmer hasn't been seen in a while, but this means its a safe bet he'll pop up again only to die here. I don't know what clues the new Atom has with regards to Palmers wherabouts, I havn't read his book.

What the device at the bottom-centre? Its looks specific enough that I should recognise it but I don't.

On the right third of the high-res picture, I still think I see a faint image of a face in the smoke coming out of the remnants of the body of The Statue of Liberty. Maybe I'm nuts, though.

Yep, you're nuts.

That device must be important. Everything in that picture has purpose.

On the right third of the high-res picture, I still think I see a faint image of a face in the smoke coming out of the remnants of the body of The Statue of Liberty. Maybe I'm nuts, though.

Yep, you're nuts.

Is it Orion's weapon or something New God-ish? I seem to recall that...and Mr. Miracle seems to be interested in it.

Yep, you're nuts.

Is it Orion's weapon or something New God-ish? I seem to recall that...and Mr. Miracle seems to be interested in it.

I think Miracle is just look and Supes and WW. His face has a very sad expression so I don't think he's looking at the mystery tech weapon.

The big question is who dug up Beetle and Lord's corpses and then took them to the Statue of Liberty, and why? Seems pretty perverted to me.

:devil:

Ion, Donna Troy, Black Canary and Big Barda all have that "I don't know anything about this" innocent look going on...

The big question is who dug up Beetle and Lord's corpses and then took them to the Statue of Liberty, and why? Seems pretty perverted to me.

:devil:

Ion, Donna Troy, Black Canary and Big Barda all have that "I don't know anything about this" innocent look going on...

I thought there was a new Blue Beetle awhile back, or am I thinking of something else? Either way, it looks like this Beetle was shot in the forehead.

I thought there was a new Blue Beetle awhile back, or am I thinking of something else? Either way, it looks like this Beetle was shot in the forehead.

Yeah, the new one looks nothing like the old one. This ones Ted Kord, the proper double B. We miss him and we hate his successor who is nothing like Ted. "Oh I'm a youth stumbling onto great mystical/technological power! Watch my stumbling adventures as I learn to balance my life and superheroics, because its SOOO original. I'm just a left over bit of Deus Ex Machina from the Crisis."

Yes I'm bitter. Bringing back the original in his own series possilby with Booster would be a big seller for DC post 52, but the existance of the shitty current BB makes that very unlikely.

Yeah, the new one looks nothing like the old one. This ones Ted Kord, the proper double B. We miss him and we hate his successor who is nothing like Ted. "Oh I'm a youth stumbling onto great mystical/technological power! Watch my stumbling adventures as I learn to balance my life and superheroics, because its SOOO original. I'm just a left over bit of Deus Ex Machina from the Crisis."

I like the new blue beetle book. I agree with the god-machine bit you got there, though.

Hey, now! Let's be fair. The didn't dig up the corpses of Beetle and Lord, then take them to the Statue of Liberty. They dug up the corpses of Beetle and Lord, brought them near the Statue, and then brought the top half of the Statue to their corpses. Much... less... creepy and perverted.

• 2 months later...