Favorite characters not created by Stan Lee

Missy

Who are your favorite Marvel characters that weren't (co-)created by Stan Lee?

He might be derived from Spider-Man, but, really, my favorite is Spider-Man 2099. Peter David did such a wonderful job taking a character that should have flopped and made him quite interesting.

Nightcrawler, Deadpool, Kitty Pryde, Luke Cage, Sentry, Ronin, Psylocke, Legion, Mr. Immortal, lots more.

Hmm. Apparently, I mark a lot for members of the New Avengers.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Madrox.

Who are your favorite Marvel characters that weren't (co-)created by Stan Lee?

He might be derived from Spider-Man, but, really, my favorite is Spider-Man 2099. Peter David did such a wonderful job taking a character that should have flopped and made him quite interesting.

Totally agree, one of my favorite runs of all time. The fourth Green Goblin, Phil Urich, is another 90's character I'm a fan of.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Did Silver Surfer ever get some really good character defining stuff? He was always a weird one to me.

Lots. I love the Surfer.

"Parable" by Stan Lee and Moebius is a great one but there are a few in that original FF run that are sparkly. Plus, his origin.

Silver Surfer

Hang on. Kirby might have created Surfer without Lee's initial consent (as Surfer's Wiki page states), but Lee wrote his first appearance in Fantastic Four #48. So Stan did have a hand in the creation of the silvery one.