Episode 33

RSS

With a little help from Mr. Mxyzptlk, Bizarro returns to Earth to confront Superman in "Little Big Head Man." Batman fights genetically altered bugs and farm animals in the notoriously bad episode "Critters." In "Absolute Power" Superman learns that Jax-Ur and Mala have escaped the Phantom Zone, and are now ruling a distant planet. Catwoman runs afoul of a cat-obsessed cult in "Cult of the Cat." And "In Brightest Day..." sees the debut of Green Lantern! [ 2:25:00 || 66.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_033.mp3

THE DARK KNIGHT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!, But you already know that.

E-MAILS!!!

New Batman Adventures, does appear on the box set, but its in small print.

Good day guys, chillin out and still and smiling after seeing The Dark Knight. Hey Mike did you see the homage to Tim Burton's Batman at the end. Lol, thought that might make a gripe, lol

I'm listening now and wow, someone actually believes Superman: Doomsday is better than Batman: Gotham Knight. I can't say I agree with that. Gotham Knight is a new story, not based on any particular story material. Superman: Doomsday is a 70 minute film based on the Death and Return of Superman storyline. Which should have been at least a 2 hour film. I liked Gotham Knight, the first story is shitty as fuck and that is probably what gets people in a bad mood to watch the rest of the film. Killer Croc's animation was stupid that is a gripe I had. The other problem I have with Gotham Knight is Kevin Conroy as the voice. I love him as the voice of Batman, but when watching the film you are taken out whenever he talks, because your so used to his voice in the DCAU.

VIDEO.AOL.COM is a legit website that shows Superman: The Animated Series and Batman: The Animated Series and The Zeta Project.

EPISODES:

Superman: The Animated Series

Little Big Head Man

Lol, I enjoyed this episode. The team up concept is funny, we have one powerful but stupid being together with a powerful but smart being. My only gripe is that Bizarro knows that Lex is not friends with Superman or Lois. And what the hell is it with Jimmy and Supergirl in the video, Bizarro doesn't know Jimmy or Supergirl. The episode is played as filler and silly and that is how I view it. So for me, its a good episode for me. 6 out of 10

Gotham Knight

Critters Huh, oh ok, I'm reviewing this one now, kept falling asleep the whole 22 minutes, lol. Boring as fuck. Animated is decent though, bu not too much 1 out of 10.

Absolute Power ughh another Jax-Ur/Mala episode. Thankfully the last one. I don't know, I didn't care for the episode, very out of place from anything and feels like a filler. There's really no reason for the episode. 3 out of 10.

Gotham Knight

Cult of the Cat *cries* omg, why did they even make these Catwoman episodes in the Gotham Knights area. They are just sloppily written and doesn't help further the series. 3 out of 10, being generous.

In Brightest Day

Finally a decent episode, with the introduction of Green Lantern and of course Sinestro(Jeremy Sisto). This isn't the Green Lantern that would continue into JL and JLU. It is never explained why this is, except that he was assigned to a different area to protect. But I do enjoy this episode very much, the animation is decent, the character of Kyle Rayner is developed well enough as we see him first take on the powers. 7 out of 10

Edited by annericelover

Listening to the e-mails now, and I just remembered a thought that occurred to me from the last episode. Batman and Robin go into the cave during "Over the Edge" and change into their costumes before running. Mike asked why, and I think I have an answer. It's been shown in past episodes that Batman has a ton of little gadgets in his costume itself and not just the utility belt (lock picks come to mind). Robin probably has an equal amount in his costume to. They might also be bullet-resistant, which would be helpful if running from some trigger happy GCPD rookie.

As for the amount of time it takes to change into their costumes... I've got nothing.

Also, Mike, about the last Kryptonian thing, you wouldn't want Zod in continuity?

Pre-Episode Banter

-About time, for some reason the wait for this podcast felt a lot longer than the wait for the last one.

-Man, sorry to hear that James, good about your raise though.

-'The Dark Knight'...Gah that was such an amazing movie. So glad you guys liked. I too thought that this was the best Joker I've ever seen, probably better than even Mark Hamill.

-That must have been horrible holding that in for the last half hour.

-Oh yeah James, I'm in Atlanta too and I was pretty upset about all the sold out I-MAX showings.

-This is definitely going to be one Earth-2.net the Show that I'll have to see.

E-Mails

-Mike I love your voice when talking about your possible downloading.

-I terribly disagree about 'Gotham Knight'. I still think it's great. And I thought that 'Deadshot' had a good bit of depth to it too.

-I disagree tons about the sidekicks. 'Mask of the Phantasm' didn't have Robin; you don't need Robin in a Batman movie. And it doesn't really need to be funny either.

-Yeah, everyone hates Bale's Batman voice. But I really don't mind it; he has to disguise his voice somehow.

-I have to agree with Mike about how it takes away from Superman to have other Kryptonians around.

-Mike, your laugh's creeping me out.

Episodes

Little Big Head Man- Wow, I'm surprised how boring a Mr. Mxyzptlk/Bizarro team-up episode can be. The animation is the worst in all S:TAS, using Jade studios, the same studio as 'The Terrible Trio'. Some parts are fun, but it's really just one really long fight scene.

-I agree a whole lot about your 'Simpsons' analogy.

-I agree that there were funny parts too, especially Mxy's little video.

-Yeah, it was a different voice for Gsptisnz, Sandra Bernhard to Jennifer Hale. Never mind, James got it.

-Ha, super grenade deflecting powers.

-Yeah, Mike is dead on about the animation. It was the same studio that did 'The Terrible Trio'. It was really stiff.

Critters- Very infamous episode, but I don't particularly mind it. Farmer Brown was a badass and a lot of the backgrounds were super cool. And the music was AWESOME. I know you guys are going to hate it, just like everyone else.

-Mike, your summary was so so great.

-I'm looking forward to this a whole lot.

-Yeah, the designs for the monsters are one of the highlights. My personal favorite is the cows.

-I didn't notice that either about the BBQ sauce factory workers.

-Whoa Mike, how could you have never seen this episode before? That's super weird.

-Oh yeah, I love when Bruce Wayne plays dumb.

Absolute Power- I hate this episode. The whole fascist thing has been done FAR too much in the DCAU. Come on, how many times can they do the same story? Darkseid, Mongul, 'Warrior Queen', etc. And why did they feel the need to bring Jax-Ur and Mala back? The only good part is the big action climax with the black hole.

-I can't even remember this one that well, but I'm loving your rants.

-I thought both Jax-Ur and Mala episodes were equally terrible.

-Yeah, maybe this is Sinestro's home planet.

-I remember her name: Katma Tui.

-Man, I never noticed how horrible Superman is in this episode. For shame.

Cult of the Cat- One of the better Catwoman episodes out there. This episode was incredibly bland, but it wasn't really terrible and I liked a lot of the action. I'm especially glad there was no crazy animal rights nonsense in this one either.

-Yeah, I definitely agree with you. It's not good at all, but it's far better than the rest (except for 'In Brightest Day', which is awesome).

-I actually read something interesting about how criminals don't want to unmask him because it would diminish the prize. Once you've unmasked him, he's just a man and not a legend, so no one really cares at that point. And besides, maybe the cult doesn't really care about him anyway.

-I actually don't think she ever comes back. 'Chemistry' is Poison Ivy. I love the 'Chase Me' short though.

-Glad that's over, time for 'In Brightest Day'!

In Brightest Day- I love this episode. It's not deep or anything and it sort of just a generic action fest, but this one brings back such great memories, not to mention what it adds to the DCAU. I love this one to death.

-Agreed about Kyle Rayner being the best choice for the job.

-Oh yeah, that Gil Kane artwork was excellent.

-James, you are so lucky for getting to see the 'Great Brain Robbery'. Sad that it's going to be near the end of WFP. So sad.

-Agreed about the Green Lantern oath. Love that you put it on par with the 'Pulp Fiction' speech.

-Wow, you've submitted stuff to DC? Cool.

-I love watching Kyle make anything with his ring, as opposed to John Stewart just sticking to generic shields and blasts.

-I liked Superman making that face. I just thought it was annoyance at someone trying to force the Green Lantern mantle on him.

Scores

Little Big Head Man- You: 3 and 4 / Me: 4

Critters- You: 2 and 3 / Me: 6

Absolute Power- You: 3 / Me: 3

Cult of the Cat- You: 5 / Me: 6

In Brightest Day- You: 8 / Me: 8.5

Can't wait for the next episode.

Listening to the e-mails now, and I just remembered a thought that occurred to me from the last episode. Batman and Robin go into the cave during "Over the Edge" and change into their costumes before running. Mike asked why, and I think I have an answer. It's been shown in past episodes that Batman has a ton of little gadgets in his costume itself and not just the utility belt (lock picks come to mind). Robin probably has an equal amount in his costume to. They might also be bullet-resistant, which would be helpful if running from some trigger happy GCPD rookie.

As for the amount of time it takes to change into their costumes... I've got nothing.

Excellent point, yet it still bothers me. Let me put it this way: if my home is ever invaded (okay, invaded again) and those invaders (police or otherwise) are out to get me, I'm not going to change my clothes in the bedroom while they're searching the rest of the house for me. Okay, the Batcave is a little harder to find, but that means Bruce and Tim had a big head start on the cops. Yet they lost that by opting to put their gear on. Simply grabbing their belts would have sufficed.

Also, Mike, about the last Kryptonian thing, you wouldn't want Zod in continuity?

I might be able to wrap my head around one villain such as Zod, but not his crew or an army from the Phantom Zone.

Totally of Topic:

Cartoon Network is airing the Uncut version of Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker tonight!

Sorry, the {NR} version is the cut version version. The {PG-13} version is the uncut version, it makes no sense, I'm watching it now and The Joker dies the same as he does in the cut version(off-screen electrocution).

If you view episodes by airdate,rather than production order, Mad Love is the series finale for the entire spectrum of BATMAN from 1992-1999, and what better way to end it than with one of the greatest JOKER stories than "Judgment Day".

Has anyone seen Warner's motion comics? So far, they're doing all 12 issues of Watchmen and BATMAN:MAD LOVE.

If you view episodes by airdate,rather than production order, Mad Love is the series finale for the entire spectrum of BATMAN from 1992-1999, and what better way to end it than with one of the greatest JOKER stories than "Judgment Day".

"Mad Love" might have aired last and it might be a better cap to the Gotham Knights discussion, but we're sticking to production order.

Also, "Mad Love" is a Harley Quinn story, not a Joker story.

"Judgment Day" wasn't a bad episode, but it didn't feel like it was meant to be the final Two-Face episode. Just like "Beware the Creeper" hinted that we might have gotten The Creeper again(we did see him as part of the JL, but that is more of a background image). Still "Mad Love" is better than "Judgment Day"

Now a question for everyone; which Harley Quinn episode is better "Harlequinade, " "Harley's Holiday, " or "Mad Love?"

I can't answer that.....that's how hard it is for me. As much as I love The Joker episodes, Harley episodes are the best.