Random wrestling thoughts

I just think you're a little too critical of the wrestlers at times. As if anything less than absolute perfection means they should be fired immediately.

In order to be in the best wrestling company in the world making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year or more, and on international tv every week absolute perfection is what is expected.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just think you're a little too critical of the wrestlers at times. As if anything less than absolute perfection means they should be fired immediately.

In order to be in the best wrestling company in the world making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year or more, and on international tv every week absolute perfection is what is expected.

Thats a pretty binkered approach to promotion. If you want perfection then a great many acts will never be in a position to get over. Its their current addiction to hard bodies and uniform looks that keeps great talent like Colt Cabana in a jobber position.

The kind of pressure you describe is what leads to talent like William Regal using steroids, for fear that their look isn't good enough to justify a push. WWE would be twice the promotion it is right now if developmental wasn't churning out such generic talent. Its all just the search for the next Cena or Rock, they hardly ever take a guy with other merits. Santino is a major reason people watch Raw and the man can't even wrestle. Just imagine if they worked towards developing personalities over looks.

Look at the top talent in all 3 brands and tell me they don't go by looks. You simply can't be a guy that looks like he just stepped off the street and expect to stick around. This is the WWE, not TNA or ROH where you can get away with that. They let Cherry go because she wasn't athletic looking. Where did D-Lo Brown go? Do you really think Samoa Joe could get over in the WWE looking like he does? Good looking people and monsters is what the WWE is about.

Yes, his neck was broken, but after his rehab, he should have been training. He obviously wasn't.

Santino is a major reason people watch Raw and the man can't even wrestle. Just imagine if they worked towards developing personalities over looks.

I've heard that Santino can wrestle, but he is so good on the mic, he really doesn't need to right now.

I was right!

I was right!

Al Snow was the mystery man at the TNA crappy PPV.