Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hell I've been so busy with DVD's and the like that I haven't even watched SmackDown this week.

I have the last 3 Smackdowns unwatched on my DVR. I just don't feel like watching them for some reason.

I know that much, but why is she nude on WWE.com?

Because nothing says kid friendly entertainment like a naked woman.

Surely it'll end up being a 3way with HBK thrown in? Or, oh dear God, they aren't "saving" HBK vs JBL for WM are they....

For what is meant to be the most important build up time of the year, I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed at the moment, which is weird because there are some individual performances at the moment that I'm really in to.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I started watching again when a friend begged me to buy WM23 so I did and I liked it and started watching RAW & SmackDown again I liked all of the PPV's from 07 into 08 WM24 was awesome I thought but after that the PPV's started to suck big time. I can watch RAW all the way through with just Fast Forwarding through the commericals after DVRing it but ECW is no longer on my DVR and SmackDown's about to get the axe too if it don't get better.

Surely it'll end up being a 3way with HBK thrown in? Or, oh dear God, they aren't "saving" HBK vs JBL for WM are they....

That's exactly what they're doing.

Its just so damn stupid to throw away one of Michael's last Wrestlemanias on JBL, a guy with negligable in-ring skills who probably doesn't have long as an active wrestler in the company. JBL can carry an angle on the mic but the fact that he's not a good wrestler has ensured that he can't draw in the main event, people just don't see him as a top guy. They should have gone with Morrison this year and then Taker next year. Morrison could use the rub and then Taker vs Michaels as a double retirement.

Guest DCAUFan1051

There are a few things that are really making me mad about RAW:

#1 The Kane/Kelly Kelly thing............I mean cmon WWE is basically making a statement with this storyline that says: "hey kids it's ok to be mean to people and especially go after women in a violent way"

is that the message the WWE wants to convey I think NOT!!!

#2 The Whole Beth Phoenix Fan Interference thing WTF I agree with Jerry Lawler why'd she even be allowed to get another front row ticket last night after the first time she jumped the wall??? that's messed up regardless if she paid the $ to get a front row ticket. I don't see this paying off in a good way at all unless the WWE is gonna bring her in as a NEW Diva which I doubt. Everyone knows that ya don't go past the fucking security wall!!!!!!

Other then that I'll get off my soapbox RAW was generic but at least it aint as lame as SmacdkDown and that's saying something :D

#1 The Kane/Kelly Kelly thing............I mean cmon WWE is basically making a statement with this storyline that says: "hey kids it's ok to be mean to people and especially go after women in a violent way"

#2 The Whole Beth Phoenix Fan Interference thing WTF I agree with Jerry Lawler why'd she even be allowed to get another front row ticket last night after the first time she jumped the wall??? that's messed up regardless if she paid the $ to get a front row ticket. I don't see this paying off in a good way at all unless the WWE is gonna bring her in as a NEW Diva which I doubt. Everyone knows that ya don't go past the fucking security wall!!!!!!

Other then that I'll get off my soapbox RAW was generic but at least it aint as lame as SmacdkDown and that's saying something :D

1. Nevermind the fact that Orton is married and having a fling with her to begin with.

2. She will be a new Diva. She's going to come between Santino and Beth.

Guest DCAUFan1051

1. Nevermind the fact that Orton is married and having a fling with her to begin with.

2. She will be a new Diva. She's going to come between Santino and Beth.

so instead of having a legitimate Divas Contest as in the past they're gonna just allow a fucking fan from the audience in as a damn Diva that's all kinds fucked up in my opinion. It's sad and ridiculous and a poor marketing ploy.

Way to go on the press pass kellen.

so instead of having a legitimate Divas Contest as in the past they're gonna just allow a fucking fan from the audience in as a damn Diva that's all kinds fucked up in my opinion. It's sad and ridiculous and a poor marketing ploy.

:huh:

Anyways, the girl in the audience is from one of the Diva Searches. She just got out of developmental. She's not a real fan jumping the barrier.

You do know wrestling is fake, right?

It's not fake.

It's scripted. It's pre-determined. It's fictional.

But I do get a bit uppity when people go "it's fake" as a kneejerk reaction to someone who's acts as if it's 100% reality.

DCAUFan, if she was just a fan, they wouldn't give her name, they wouldn't show her on camera, she'd be led away by security off-camera, and quite possibly barred from ANY event at the venue in question.

I'd post a link to a Youtube of an example where a fan is led away and Shawn Michaels is sitting on the turnbuckle waving byebye but I don't have the link so welp.

It's scripted. It's pre-determined. It's fictional.

These are all synonyms for fake.

I can't help if a word has a negative connotation. It is what it is. That doesn't make me love it any less. Doctor Who is fake, so it LOST. It's a television show in which all of the actors perform their own stunts and get worked to death. Those are the only major differences from anything else on TV.

I've been in a ring, I've taken bumps, I've had a match. The pain is real but the product itself (i.e. the storylines, which is what I was referring to) is fake.

I'm astounded that people still get offended by this sentiment.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Anyways, the girl in the audience is from one of the Diva Searches. She just got out of developmental. She's not a real fan jumping the barrier.

Yes I do know that wrestling is scripted/fake whatever you want to call it but as I've said many times before in this thread that I look at WWE strictly at a Fan level I'm not one of these people who visits wrestling forums and news sites and everything so when I first saw it happening it left a bad taste in my mouth because I thought it was just a fan.

As my daddy always likes to say, fake sport, real athletes. I think that sums it up for the most part...(except Big Daddy V, there is no athlete in that)

EDIT: Regarding DCAU's last post....You should still spot a fake, how often do you see blue shirt, red hat Sign Guy mentioned, and how many people that get attention hopping the barrier are not plants (I refer you to Santino Marella)

Yes I do know that wrestling is scripted/fake whatever you want to call it but as I've said many times before in this thread that I look at WWE strictly at a Fan level I'm not one of these people who visits wrestling forums and news sites and everything so when I first saw it happening it left a bad taste in my mouth because I thought it was just a fan.

There's nothing wrong with looking at it from a casual viewpoint, but it seems like you're suspending your disbelief to the point of sheer gullibility. Wanting Randy Orton to get his ass kicked for being such a prick heel is one thing, but honestly thinking that a fan that keeps jumping in isn't actually part of the show is something else entirely.

There is an actual middle ground between internet cynic and total mark. You don't have to be just one or the other.

Guest DCAUFan1051

and no DW I wasn't suspending my disbelief about it I was just going by what I heard the commentators say about her being a fan. Sometimes I can spot the WWE's setups like the vince thing on the stage would be a good example but with this I didn't know anything other then what I was watching and I never have seen a Divas Contest except maybe through channel surfing and I didn't know she was a former contestant.

I just think WWE could have gotten a new Diva in a better way then what they're doing with this "storyline"