The Apple Inc. Thread

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

I wanted to start this because I just downloaded iTunes 8 it's the NEWEST version and Apple had their sept event this morning.

While I haven't had a chance to look throughout the iTunes stuff yet they have added something called thumbnails view for all artwork. I'm currently looking at the podcasts screen and in the thumbnails view it gives u all your podcasts as the artwork and if there's new episodes it posts the number of new episodes next to the thumbnail. It's kinda cool lookin and they also have this new feature called Genius it takes songs in your playlist and matches them up with what goes great with them. For example Nickelback's How You Remind Me might go well with Creed's Higher

I'm still checking everything out but I'm turning into a TRUE Apple Geek

gonna watch the event from today and see what steve jobs and his apple team have come up with.

the NEW iPod nano's look cool as all get out!!!

To add to this I've watched the apple video and Mr. Jobs stated that the genius playlist feature for iPods and iTunes takes a song you play and finds songs just like it. When you turn it on it will send anonymus info to apple about your iTunes library and then you will recieve info back about songs you have and songs other people have that you might like to buy from iTunes.

While I haven't fully tried this yet it looks cool.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
iTunes is wonderful for downloading your favorite Earth-2.net podcasts.

It sucks for music.

boy I guess I'm gonna have a lot of replies to make on this thread for those who refute the fact that iTunes rocks.

how does it suck for music??

it's great helluva lot easier then buying CD's

plus I can make ringtones for my iPhone damn it's sooooooo cooooool!! could there be improvments sure are there a few artists that I like that they don't have oh yeah but the majority of my listening pleasure I have in my library. Helluva lot easier then Windows Media player which to my knowledge doesn't allow you to buy music straight from them you have to go through another online store that they sponsor. Anyways that's it for now

If I'm going to pay for something that can just as easily be torrented or P2Ped from someone online, then I should be able to listen to it on any computer or player that I want.

Plus, their selection is kinda weak.

iTunes is propitiatory bloatware. I've had two iPods, and iTunes on 3 different computers. I've had nothing but problems syncing them, and have to download podcasts 2 or 3 times because it deletes them as soon as it downloads them. I've spent literally hours of my life connecting and reconnecting my iPod until it finally sees it. It's shit.

iTunes is propitiatory bloatware. I've had two iPods, and iTunes on 3 different computers. I've had nothing but problems syncing them, and have to download podcasts 2 or 3 times because it deletes them as soon as it downloads them. I've spent literally hours of my life connecting and reconnecting my iPod until it finally sees it. It's shit.

Jeez. Someone's a PC user. It m ight be your Windows bro.

I don't pay for music on iTunes because of restrictions. But there isn't a software to best it yet.

Guest DCAUFan1051

ok I can your see your points guys and yes I have had problems with syncing my iPhone but it's mainly in recognizing the correct album artwork. and yes I'm a PC user but I really want to switch to mac. I never have problems with iTunes recognizing the iPhone and I really like the NEW features of iTunes 8

I love watching movies and TV shows and video podcasts on my iPhone I guess I'm just a apple whore. :devil:

But I see the point that not every one has an iPod as an mp3 player I dunno why apple puts so many restrictions on the music and stuff in iTunes and even though Steve Jobs always says iTunes this and iTunes that everytime I call apple store or apple itself they say it's a part of the company but they have nothing to do with it. There needs to be an iTunes support phone line instead of the email system they have now.

I still say iTunes ROCKS!!!!!! :D:D

I don't pay for music on iTunes because of restrictions. But there isn't a software to best it yet.

Ok, lets say it's Windows. Why make a broken product for another OS? Why not let me use any program I want with my iPod?

Oh, and 90% of the world uses PC you know? Lets not start a Mac vs PC war.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Silly question but for the new ipod touch, do i need to pay to go online a la iphone or is it free?

dru I'm not sure about the Touch all I know is I have a router and I pull my wifi for iPhone off there. I always thought the wifi hotspots as long as they weren't PW protected u could bounce offa them but again I dunno.

The iPod Touch has built-in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, so if you're near a free hotspot you can go online with no charge.

As for the great debate, I've yet to find MP3 software as intuitive and useful as iTunes. If you're here to talk smack about the iTunes Store, fair enough... I disagree about the selection and think 99c is a very fair price for a track, but fair enough... but there's nothing on the market that can even touch the app's music management functionality. Is it a memory hog? Yeah, particularly on PC where it launches three different RAM-devouring helper processes every time you boot up, whether you're using iTunes or not. IMO, though, that's an acceptable trade-off for what you get in return, and I'd dare you to tell me you don't overlook a few memory leaks on some of your apps because you straight-up enjoy using them.

Not to mention the freaking Wi-Fi Music Store. OK, you can get any album you want in the world on Torrent. Sure, you'll probably have to wait for seeds, you'll need to deal with shitty rips or varying bitrate, and if you're an OCD MFer like I am, you'll need to do some major league formatting to the ID3s so you don't have something like "R\Pd by 1337 h4x0r" in the Notes of every song in your collection. I guess that's a trade-off you're willing to accept for the price difference. That doesn't help you if you're on the road, hear a song on the radio and want to add it to your collection.

I used to be hardcore into torrenting my music, but lately I've taken the plunge and started purchasing more and more of it through iTunes. The convenience, speed and quality make it completely worth $10 an album.

Guest DCAUFan1051

hell yeah someone that agrees with me ty drqshadow!!! lol all I can say anymore is this:

iTunes ROCKS!!!!! NUFF SAID!!!

I started the thread because of the event that apple held yesterday and with all the new products and stuff that they were releasing I think it's awesome that they added the genius thing to iTunes it's wicked cool

the new iPod Nano's look cool as hell too

my only complaint is I wish they had a 60G iPhone lol or sometthing more then 16G ugh!!

I got an iPod Classic two months ago and barely a day's gone by without me using it - I LOVE it! It's especially great for podcasts and keeping up with E2's output.

As for iTunes, it's a good tool for, again, finding podcasts and if I were going to buy music electronically, I'd most likely do it through that (although I prefer CDs just because I know I have a physical copy of the music that way). I think Windows Media Player is technically better as a player though, if I wanted to listen to individual albums, genres etc. But iTunes will do if I just want my music on shuffle.

Ok, lets say it's Windows. Why make a broken product for another OS? Why not let me use any program I want with my iPod?

I never had a problem with iTunes on my PC. But I've never had a PC longer than a year without major problems requiring money to fix them. I've had my iMac for three years and i's as good as it was the day I got it. Apple for life.

I've never had an issue with iTunes, other than not always being able to find what I'm looking for in the store, and on occassion it can get a bit laggy. But I'm very pleased with my iPod (I've had this current one for six months and I've managed not to break it) and as a podcatcher, it works great.

Ok.

*Cough* Mac Rules! *Cough*

You really can't take anyone saying they don't like something Apple makes can you?

I was just saying my side, I dont care if someone uses apple or not. And, I havent done any other bashings of apple dislikers.

EDIT: I still use XP, I just prefer Mac, But I cant afford one.

Guest DCAUFan1051

God I hope this works if it doesn't please no one rip me about it I've never tried to post a picture on here but here are the NEW iPod Nanos

I so want the purple one lol

AppleiPodNano1.jpg

damn I hope this works. I started this thread as an information type thing on apples music event and the new announcements it was never meant to be a apple or PC basher but I gotta admit apple stuff looks a helluva lot cooler and easier to use then PC's