E2 The Show From Batman 89 to the Superman Franchise?

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

didn't know where to put this question so I just made a thread instead of bumping episode 266 up.

I was just wondering if Mike and any of the other Earth-2 podcasters would be doing on air reviews of the entire Superman movie franchise after the Bat Franchise???

I'd prefer NOT to commit suicide, so I'd bow out of that if asked.

Hey we've got Batman Returns, Forever and & Robin still to do, not to mention Superman III, IV and Supergirl if Mike & James fancy branching out! But it is off-set by the Nolan Batman films and the Donner Superman films. Then again, as I think I've mentioned elsewhere, I still don't really know if Batman Returns is a good film or a bad film. Either way, I don't see a return to the fits of laughing style as displayed during 258 until the Schumacher films, and even then....

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is, I'm not going to double-dip. If I've already reviewed it for Earth-2.net: The Show, I won't do it a second time. So in the case of the X-Men films, I'd cover X-Men and X2, but not The Last Stand. Same goes for the Superman movies; we could do the first four parts, but not Returns.

I'd really like to see you guys review the Marvel movies too. Eventually, i understand it takes time and there are tons of them now and not all good lol *cough cough* X-MEN 3 lol

Mike and I have both separately reviewed X-Men 3/The Last Stand. I'm trying to get through as many films as I can but I've been pushed for time this autumn and if I really did sit down and cover all the Marvel films by, say, March, not only would everyone be wholly sick of my voice but I'd have very little to do once the well runs dry of past films - that's why I haven't got round to doing the first couple of Spider-Man films.

As for reviewing films with Mike & James, it's always a pleasure to do so, not to mention great fun, but it's logistically hard to do with James being about 5 hours behind and Mike 6 hours. I'll try and get in some more CR segs this coming year - I have 2 that are definitely planned for January - to make sure there's still some reviews going up.

How about a podcast with reviews of every comic book based film ever made(except the ones already done the other podcast)

We already have something like that. It's called Comic Reel-ief.

:happy:

Fun fact: Around the time I pitched For Your Ears Only to Mike, he was about to approach me about making Comic Reel-lief its own spin-off podcast. But I thought at the time that I wouldn't have enough material to sustain such a thing on a regular basis, not to mention the fact that movies get released at all different times of the month. That and the fact I like to have something to contribute to the main podcast every now & then.

• 1 month later...
How about a podcast with reviews of every comic book based film ever made(except the ones already done the other podcast)

Every...? :shocked:

SIMS! I want that Catwoman review on my desk by friday! Stop crying!

Do we really, really want to even consider it a "comic book movie?"

Sounds like Warners picked up the idea as some crazy action flick with a chick as the star, thinking that it would attract fans of Buffy, Xena, Alias and other like characters, then realized the similarities in "MO" and style with a certain DC property and slapped on the name and the DC tag, complete with the prerequisite movie tie-in merchandise, in order to not to get sued by themselves.

Do we really, really want to even consider it a "comic book movie?"

Sounds like Warners picked up the idea as some crazy action flick with a chick as the star, thinking that it would attract fans of Buffy, Xena, Alias and other like characters, then realized the similarities in "MO" and style with a certain DC property and slapped on the name and the DC tag, complete with the prerequisite movie tie-in merchandise, in order to not to get sued by themselves.

Actually, the film's development started as a spin-off from Batman Returns, which would have had Pfeiffer reprise her role. But the writer turned it in on the same day Batman Forever was released and whole thing went into development hell. It counts as a CBM, just a very, very, VERY shitty one.