The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going through comics to eBay off, I find it very annoying that i am missing a few random issues. NEXTWave issue 12 and ALL Star Superman #10 in particular. I find it a little odd considering I bought those and read them. For sure.

I'm also missing three issues of Old Man Logan but I'm pretty sure I never bought them.

I always say exactly the wrong thing. I mention cancer in a humorous context in from of a friend whose mother has cancer. I mention heroin use in front of a girl whose dad was a heroin addict (and recently died). I mention casual speeding in from of my step-family, half of whom are in the police. I really fucking wish my mouth-drain connection was a little more controllable.

Lady, you say I'm talking too loud and too much and giving you a headache. Well, if you'd LISTEN TO WHAT I WAS SAYING, we wouldn't be in this situation, and you wouldn't be giving me a headache of my own. And yes, explaining how camping works does require many, many words. I can't really dumb it down any further.

No, I cannot make reservations here. Yes, that number and website can make reservations, but it requires a credit card, which you do not have. We fill up Fridays and Saturdays, so, no, nothing will be available if you come in then. If you want to do anything with me, you have to pay starting through tonight, and be occupying the site. Yes, the maximum amount of nights you can stay is 14 nights. Yes, I can take cash or check, but I CANNOT DO ANYTHING IN ADVANCE, YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY STARTING THROUGH TONIGHT. Yes, that would cut down on your fourteen nights. No, that other pnumber and website requires a credit card for your reservations, which you do not have. You may have been able to do that the last time you were here, but those sites are reserved for either this Friday and Saturday, and for all the Fridays and Saturdays to come, so, no, that would not work.

Oh, I'm giving you a headache because I'm talking loud and too much and you're calling me a bitch as you walk out? Fine, but you're going to hear the same thing from anyone else here. Have fun!

Ok, so yesterday I sent out a pretty funny email about one of my co workers yesterday, at the request of my boss. "Mac" as we will call him, immediatly responded and we then had the following conversation:

I can see you are taking your internship seriously Dougie.

Pro-Tetherball, Image scanner or a potential career - your call. ;-)

Dude... Really? Its always been my dream to be a pro tether ball

player. In 20 years when I am rich and famous, you'll see! You'll all

see! :P

I can't wait to meet your dad!

My dad could beat up your dad! XD

I could beat up your dad.

Woah! I ran out of snappy comebacks. Back to work I guess...

*time passes*

Doug,

I'm really sorry about saying I could beat up your Dad.

I am having a really hard time right now. I know there is no way you could have known but my Dad actually died a few days before I started at XN.

Have a good night.

Robert,

Oh my god, I am so sorry man! I shouldn't have made that joke. And

don't feel bad, I didn't take offense to it, I thought you were just

being funny, and I didn't have a comeback for it, so thats why I

stopped responding. Again, I'm really sorry, Mac.

[/Qoute]

Then this morning I got a call from him saying basicaly he hasnt talked to his dad in since 7th grade, he was just messing with me, and that when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.

DICK.

1. Your boss is an asshole.

2. How old is this asshole?

3. Kind of an inappropriate exchange at work regardless of age.

Wow, That was a huge typo. That was not a conversation with my Boss, But somebody else. My boss talked to him, and "Mac" thought I would see through his bull shit. Mac did apologize on the phone, and told me to look out because if you mess with people, you never know whats going to happen. My boss also apologized for "Mac". I agree with your third point, though.

This is a PSA for anyone that wants to spend this weekend in Grand Beach.

Yes, there is algae in the lake. THERE IS ALWAYS, HAS ALWAYS BEEN, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE ALGAE IN THE LAKE! Yes, it is not good for you to injest it, so don't eat it. If your kids can't abide by those guidelines, don't let them in the lake. No the E. Coli levels in the lake have not risen, we have done tests, swimming in this lake will not kill you. You should know that this is a natural freshwater lake, not a swimming pool, it's going to be a little bit dirty, but it's fine for swimming. Worst case scenario is you have a slight green film on you afterwards, take a shower when you go home and you should be fine. I've been living out here for 20 years now, and I've been in that water since before I could walk. You will be fine.

This is a PSA for anyone that wants to spend this weekend in Grand Beach.

Yes, there is algae in the lake. THERE IS ALWAYS, HAS ALWAYS BEEN, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE ALGAE IN THE LAKE! Yes, it is not good for you to injest it, so don't eat it. If your kids can't abide by those guidelines, don't let them in the lake. No the E. Coli levels in the lake have not risen, we have done tests, swimming in this lake will not kill you. You should know that this is a natural freshwater lake, not a swimming pool, it's going to be a little bit dirty, but it's fine for swimming. Worst case scenario is you have a slight green film on you afterwards, take a shower when you go home and you should be fine. I've been living out here for 20 years now, and I've been in that water since before I could walk. You will be fine.

To be fair Scriv, you're one of the hardy leather-skinned natives of the lake. You can't expect people from other parts to have developed the same natural defences or tolerances that your kind has.

Building off of Kriscv's rant:

Yes, the beach really is closed. Yes, there are high levels of E. Coli bacteria in the water. No, it is probably not safe to swim, especially for your children. Well, you can swim if you REALLY want to, but I'd recommend a bleach shower afterwards. Yes, it's going to be closed at least for the rest of the day if not longer.

Moving sucks, having no money to move sucks more. Having to move out on your own for the first time is made worse when you have to help someone else move at the same time.

Also, I don't think I will be getting enough funding for the next year to finish college and get a degree is not a nice thing. Basically, I feel like I am royally fucked, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Moving sucks, having no money to move sucks more. Having to move out on your own for the first time is made worse when you have to help someone else move at the same time.

Also, I don't think I will be getting enough funding for the next year to finish college and get a degree is not a nice thing. Basically, I feel like I am royally fucked, and there is nothing I can do about it.

True that but wait until your first night sleeping under a roof and realizing, hey, I don't have to follow some weird rules set out by my parents, put up with other people's food allergies, and fuck as loud as I want. The moving stuff is all a small price for piece of mind.

As for the being low on funds, I have a hug to make you feel better.

True that but wait until your first night sleeping under a roof and realizing, hey, I don't have to follow some weird rules set out by my parents, put up with other people's food allergies, and fuck as loud as I want. The moving stuff is all a small price for piece of mind.

That's all true Will, and in a few weeks, I will be happy to be through with it. It's just being in the middle of it right now, isn't that much fun.

As for the being low on funds, I have a hug to make you feel better.

Thanks Will.