Super Smash Bros. Melee

Missy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are. Sucks to be you, huh. :P

Actually, a couple guys back at the Oratory have voiced their dislike for the game, saying that it's over-rated and all. But yeah, not many people hate this game cause it freaking rules. :rockon:

Now if only Nintendo would get this game online....

Why Jigglypuff stayed on the fighter list, I'll have no idea. One of the most useless fighters there.

Because people needed someone else to kick the living crap out of when they decided to just practice, and Jigglypuff was one of my most famous beat up dolls in the game. :evil:

This thread actually makes me wanna play that game again.

I can murder anybody with Princess Zelda.  Any stage.  Any type of contest.

Good for you cos I'd find it very difficult. That said, I can't be touched as Link

I"m pro with both, so nuh :P

And this is exactly why we need this game to go Online.

And from the looks of things, Yoda, you're still alone in this. :evil:

Reason 1-It's a very fun fighter that was expanded upon an already really good fighter, adding some nice little elements to make the game more strategic

Reason 2- It's a really addictive multiplayer game

Reason 3-There are tons and tons of secrets to unlock, and that ain't a bad thing at all

Reason 4-I dunno about anyone else, but I loved how they kept track of all the records in Vs Mode. Not to mention keeping track odd little misc. like "Whose fallen the most" or "Person whose taking the most damage in a battle"

Reason 5- Lots and lots of different things to do, such as fighting in Story Mode that has levels from all sorts of old Nintendo games and hitting a base ball to see how far you can get it

Reason 6-Winning trophys of other Nintendo game characters, but I'm sure I'm the only person who liked that, too

Well, that's all I can name off the top of my head. But if anyone else wanna add something, they're welcome to do so.

And you get to take control of your favorite Nintendo characters and make them beat other Nintendo icons.

Yeah! If only there were Sega icons that the Nintendo all-stars could beat the snot out of.....

Sega+Nintendo+Fighting game+Online=MUST BUY! MUST BUY! MUST FREAKING BUY!!!!!!

It's INSANELY addictive and really fun. If you get even a small rotating group of people playing 4-for-all, then you can have fun for DAYS without getting bored. I play as Kirby because, you know, he rules everyone. If I absorb Samus or Roy, you are FINISHED.

Screw Halo. This game is the most addictive multiplayer I've ever played.

id have to agree with the claim that this game blows. i was this close (holds fingers super close) to getting the 64 versions source code tattooed on my ass, thats how much i love that game, then this bastardized version came out and i cried. so what if there's 4000000 things to unlock, so what if there's 3 dozen characters! they set the speed on 'hyper active', made the levels waaaaaaaay too small (except hyrule which is so freakin big that i cant see my dude unless im 2 inches away from the screne), made throws impossible, and most of all NESS SUCKS IN THE NEW ONE! WHY GOD WHY?!?!

but, in its defense, i will challenge any of you with Game and Watch (im not saying id win but id challenge you)

id have to agree with the claim that this game blows. i was this close (holds fingers super close) to getting the 64 versions source code tattooed on my ass, thats how much i love that game, then this bastardized version came out and i cried. so what if there's 4000000 things to unlock, so what if there's 3 dozen characters! they set the speed on 'hyper active', made the levels waaaaaaaay too small (except hyrule which is so freakin big that i cant see my dude unless im 2 inches away from the screne), made throws impossible, and most of all NESS SUCKS IN THE NEW ONE! WHY GOD WHY?!?!

but, in its defense, i will challenge any of you with Game and Watch (im not saying id win but id challenge you)

Eh? Firstly, Ness is exactly the same as he was in the N64 version. Yes the levels are a bit smaller but it makes for more intense play so that people can't run away like the pussies they are when under heavy fire - my brother did that all the time in the Great Fox level on the N64.

It's an upgrade but the positives of the GC version far outweigh the little things that stop it being the console's best game.

no way is ness the same. his PK thunder goes about two feet instead of the 64 versions 12 feet, and it only knocks ness a few inches.

kibry is cheep as hell

It's to stop the cheap knock outs. Kirby is nowhere as cheap as he used to be. Being able to have a proper game against some one using ness is a GOODTHING.

Kirby is nowhere as cheap as he used to be.

THANK YOU.

He gets knocked around easier than almost ANYONE. If you have any skill at all (i.e., you can get his damage meter to 65%) you can kill him. I'm a Kirby mark/pro and I'll admit that without hesitation. He's a great survivalist, but he can be knocked out with relative ease.

Kirby is nowhere as cheap as he used to be.

THANK YOU.

He gets knocked around easier than almost ANYONE. If you have any skill at all (i.e., you can get his damage meter to 65%) you can kill him. I'm a Kirby mark/pro and I'll admit that without hesitation. He's a great survivalist, but he can be knocked out with relative ease.

Me & my brother have had some classic bouts as Link & Kirby respectively. As he's as good a gamer as I am, they were truly epic!

Let's just hope the next Nintendo console will fully utilise the opportunity it has given itself.

If the Next Smash brothers goes online, I will forever be in Nintendo's debt.

I would personally build a shrine to HHH and Stephanie McMahon if they made the next Smash Bros. available for online play. :o