Episode 61

RSS

Static doubts Rubberband Man has turned over a new leaf ("Bad Stretch"). A perfectionist attempts to rig an election by creating an army of mindless drones ("Attack of the Living Brain Puppets"). A shape-changing musician impersonates a Backstreet Boy to secure a record contract ("Duped"). When a troubled student brings a gun to school, Virgil is powerless to stop him from harming his best friend ("Jimmy"). And Static teams with Batman once more to save a runaway ("Hard as Nails"). [ 1:29:22 || 40.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_061.mp3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

Why is it that everytime I see stretchy superheroes I think of Mallrats and Brodie's question to Stan Lee? .... I'm kinda surprised you guys didn't bring up the fact that Rubberband Man's alter ego is a completely different character in this Rubberband Man ep.... I know you guys were trying to get through the ep. But it's a point that needs to be brought up. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

What? His name is and has always been Adam Evans. If you're thinking about when he called himself "Stringer," that was just an alias.

yes that's what I was thinking of..... that's the only name I'd heard in the first Rubberband Man ep.... so I thought that they were different alters. I do like the fact that they gave him a deeper backstory here though. Instead of making him a one shot character.

Ok don't ask me how know this but:

BSB members are:

Nick

Howie

AJ

Brian

Kevin (left as of 2007)

again I remember weird shit.

Ok don't ask me how know this but:

BSB members are:

Nick

Howie

AJ

Brian

Kevin (left as of 2007)

again I remember weird shit.

They should have had Nick on the show, along with his awesome family of Carters that all use to be all cool popular singers.

On another note, why is Virgil with Ally at the end of the episode "Hard As Nails" when she is at the hospital? They never said they were friends or anything, and it just seems it should of been Static there instead, even though they probably wouldn't do that.

Oh, and the JLU time travel episode couldn't of happened before this episode because GL meets Static in a later episode of this series, and in "The Once And Future Thing", GL already knew Static.

On another note, why is Virgil with Ally at the end of the episode "Hard As Nails" when she is at the hospital? They never said they were friends or anything, and it just seems it should of been Static there instead, even though they probably wouldn't do that.

Early in the episode it's shown that they at least know each other, so it could stand to reason that Virgil truly befriended her after she left Gotham.

Oh, and the JLU time travel episode couldn't of happened before this episode because GL meets Static in a later episode of this series, and in "The Once And Future Thing", GL already knew Static.

Remember, as soon as I tossed the idea out there, I shot it down 'cause I knew it didn't work.

Yoda, I lovehow you have been doing this, and maybe you should do it with your other pod cast's as well.

Every now and then I do it with Earth-2.net: The Show and Bigger on the Inside.

I knew there was some reason, other than poverty, why I'm not a regular donator. Contributing to The Michael David Sims Getting Jiggy With Gigolos Fund is not something I can financially justify.

Gigolos?! I'll have you know all of them were female... at least they told me they were. :ninja_shifty:

I'll admit that I don't fully understand your dislike of Rubberbandman Mike. But what I WILL admit is also never realizing that Rubberbandman just drops off at the end of the episode. That had me laughing my ass off.

And the Titans line has much more relevance comic book wise seeing as how Virgil's a member of the ever decreasing Teen Titans, whihc I think is cool.

So, just going to defend some of the villains motivations in two of the episodes. In the case of Madelyn Spaulding, do keep in mind that Virgil hung a lampshade on her evil scheme by mentioning your exact point about the inanity of her evil plot and then she even points this out towards the end by suggesting that if she succeeds, she might decide to go further.

In the case of Harley and Ivy, maybe they realized finally that Batman kept on kicking their asses and decided they needed some extra ammo that hired goons couldn't accomplish. Desperate people are willing to do anything. Make them do something and when you can't follow through, kill them. Ally was probably just the first Bang Baby to have the capital to contact them or there was a prior one and that's how Bruce caught wind of what was going on.

By the way, I'm surprised you guys didn't call attention to Harley and Ivy's blimp.