Episode 350

RSS

Mike's Highlight: A toss up between Batman fighting Jesus and the moistness of Poison Ivy.

James' Highlight: "What the fuck does that even mean? Do they fuck on miniature golf courses in front of 12 year olds?"

Ian's Highlight: The singing. My god, the singing.

Best episode of the year.

Agreed on all four counts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching this movie I decided to learn more about Poison Ivy since I didn't actually know much about her. I found out that she's from Seattle, and its kind of interesting because people here in Seattle are actually really pro-environment. Many Seattleites are very tree hugger and many of them have bio-diesel cars with bumper stickers that fully remind everyone that they have a bio-diesel and that their all for green. Seattle has found many ways to be snobbish by finding ways to go green. All of our professional sports teams have had green as one of their team colors.

Though many fanboys out there probably love Poison Ivy's character, but her creation created this pile of shit called a movie and her pro-environment extremist character was able to be created because she was raised in Seattle, Washington.

Seattle is not the cause of this movie being shit, nor is it because Ivy is from there. The reasons that this movie suck are on a completely other level. By your logic, any character originating in Seattle would produce a bad film. No. Logic does not work that way.

There wasn't much I was trying to get at, and that definitely wasn't it. I just found that stupid and weak connection while typing the post.

I'm sorry you guys had to suffer through this piece of shit movie. Morbid curiosity, I was half thinking of rewatching it, since I don't remember it, but after hearing your review of it and also clips on Youtube, I'll save myself the head trauma and just watch good anime. Thank you guys soooo much for the laughs in this episode! I was at work and then biking home when I listened to this and I'm pretty damn sure people were wondering if I was on a happy drug or something cause I was laughing pretty much through the whole thing.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Honestly.... I get the fact that all four bat films in this series have major problems, but when I watch them it's the kid inside me that's enjoying some of the fun aspects of them. These were basically my Superman films.... I was born after Superman The Movie came out and at the time was too young to remember Superman II. So when 9 year old me heard about a Batman film being made I was all for it.

I'm not saying that these movies have held up or stood the test of time. They clearly haven't. The only thing I like now about B&R is the fact that Alicia Silverstone is in it, and Chris O'Donnell returned as Robin. Question for the Nightwing fans....... if there was to ever be a Nightwing film do u think O'Donnell could play him?

Honestly.... I get the fact that all four bat films in this series have major problems, but when I watch them it's the kid inside me that's enjoying some of the fun aspects of them. These were basically my Superman films.... I was born after Superman The Movie came out and at the time was too young to remember Superman II. So when 9 year old me heard about a Batman film being made I was all for it.

I'm not saying that these movies have held up or stood the test of time. They clearly haven't. The only thing I like now about B&R is the fact that Alicia Silverstone is in it, and Chris O'Donnell returned as Robin. Question for the Nightwing fans....... if there was to ever be a Nightwing film do u think O'Donnell could play him?

- I wouldn't have asked for the boxset for my birthday if I didn't want to own the four films in question, I just didn't want to pay for them!! I get a kick out of the good and bad elements of them alike, otherwise this series would've never come to fruition.

- Theoretically, I think O'Donnell could pull off a MUCH older Nightwing (say, if Dick Grayson returned the mantle of Batman to Bruce in the future and had his own sidekick in the comics as Nightwing). That being said, I don't think there's interest in WB making that kind of movie. A Nightwing movie would have a 20-something Grayson, played by some hot prospect in the film industry rather than O'Donnell.

Guest DCAUFan1051

that's actually sad Ian, because I think he could pull it off... we saw how angry he can get in Forever just imagine putting O'Donnell in the storyline of Old Wounds from BTAS.... I would like to have seen that.

As far as the Batman Collection DVD set I have it, only watched them once when I first got it. Might have to break them out again with a playlist of the E-2 reviews!

Honestly, how hard would it be for Batman to find two boards and nail them together?

hahahahahahahaa

Nah, that's actually playing into his hands. He wants you to do that so he can rise again, its the centre of his mythos. All Batman had to do was stop the crucifixion and at that point all your really dealing with is a minor cult based around a temporary personality. The crowd would get bored and Jesus would go back to carpentry, spending the rest of his life looking after the (blasphemy) wife and kids.

I finished listening to this episode earlier, and man, I gotta say this was a hilarious episode. The movie itself was utter -- well, James, Michael, and Ian covered it. When I first saw "B&R", I borrowed it from the library for free ... and I still wanted my money back! I remember thinking that it said something about the movie when the best actor in it spent most of his screentime on a deathbed.

I have a question: If Batman could beat Jesus, and Christopher Nolan was referred to as "Jesus" in the episode ... does that mean that Batman could beat Christopher Nolan? If so, what an ingrate...