The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After reading this, I looked through some of the "worst comics" links on there and found a doozy - Tarot, Witch of the Black Rose. Just reading what was there, I had to read a bit more. After a little fishing around the net, I found it.

OH. MY. GOD.

This comic may be the best worst thing I've ever read. We're talking "Ultimatum" levels of ridiculousness here, if not far worse. It's so bad that I can't stop reading it. In the first story arc, Tarot's evil sister uses her at least six-inch-long nipple spikes - her only upper body clothing, mind you - to stab out a man's eyes. The man then turns around, still very much alive, his eyes just black holes of emptiness, and screams, "What did you do to my eyes?!?!" as though it were some form of mystery.

I think I'm in love with this horrible, horrible book.

As a side note, didn't Jim Balent used to be a respected creator? I recognize his name from my Wizard magazine-filled adolescence.

Few random things:

It seems like the letters pages in the back of DC books, are standard for all books. In that they will carry the same letters, and not be series specific. Like the old letters columns were, and I think Spider-Man still does on occasion.

What does everyone else think of the Marvel-esque introduction box that DC puts in their series now? The little box that gives a brief history of the character and says who the are and what they do. I know DC has done it for a while now on some books, like Green Lantern, but I like the addition of them, as it lets you know when flipping through a comic a brief history of the character if you've never read them before. Also, the boxes are usually in the same place in every series, which is next to the credit box, which as the reader gives me an idea of where to look for background information if I need it on the team/character.