Aaron Robinson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone was interested in checking out the Little Archie/Tiny Titans crossover:

WORLD OF ARCHIE #5

"Little Archie/ Tiny Titans" Parts 1-3

The world of Archie Comics and DC Comics collide in the complete collection of the three-part Little Archie/Tiny Titans crossover! Pandemonium and brand new friendships abound as a simple laundry switch leads to adventures with Robin, Beast Boy, Josie and the Pussycats, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Archie & friends! Plus, is Miss Grundy related to Solomon Grundy?

SCRIPT: Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani

ARTIST: Art Baltazar

COVER: Art-chie Baltazar

Shipping Date: 3/2/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 3/9/2011

Newsstands: 3/22/2011

Digest, 160 pgs, 30 lb newsprint, Full-Color

$3.99 US

I'm in the middle of the first volume of Alien VS Predator, and I came across the greatest line in comics:

He's been face hugged.

I'm going to post full thoughts when I'm done, but in short, there are stand alone issues which give background of the Predators, that are awful, however the longer story is very enjoyable. Jimmy Palmiotti inked an issue, which was a nice thing to notice. Shame that issue was shit.

Just found out that Frank Quitely has an 8 page New Gods story in DC Universe Legacies #8. I was considering it, but now the hardcover is BOUGHT.

Just so's you know:

He draws a good Darkseid, especially when Darkseid is sitting on the couch. But the rest of the art from the New Gods story isn't up to his usual standards. Also the story itself is shit.

Awesome history there. I have a soft spot for the 1944/88 Batmobile, but I tend to feel like the modern Batmobile should look something like the tim Burton, animated series or 2008 Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul models. And I hate Batmobiles that are blatantly based on real cars, they look incredibly daft with their vestigial little bat-fins.

Personally I'm glad that one of the side-effects of Morrison's run is to introduce a little stability to the design.

Bleh, probably won't bother. Season 8 started out great but ended with them just writing daft stuff because they no longer had to limit themselves with a special effects budget. It got too much and I lost interest, and Simone isn't enough to rekindle it.

I'm right there with ya.

If Simone can bring it back down to Earth again, though, I might check it out.