The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In response to a question about character relaunches and deaths, Harras acknowledged that death has been "overdone in the business as a whole." "If death happens it's gotta be a major thing," said Harras of his plans for how to handle death at DC. "It just cheapens it if a character comes back in six months. We're going to slow down with that."

In response to a question about character relaunches and deaths, Harras acknowledged that death has been "overdone in the business as a whole." "If death happens it's gotta be a major thing," said Harras of his plans for how to handle death at DC. "It just cheapens it if a character comes back in six months. We're going to slow down with that."

So, dead is dead lasted a good long time.

Honestly, the cycle of comic books deaths is at the point you can set your watch to it.

Someone declares that enough is enough, maybe six months pass with nothing major.

THEN

Big fancy death, gets mainstream pub.

THEN

Every major storyline boasts some big death as the selling point for the next year or so.

THEN

Big fancy death comes back.

THEN

Someone declares that enough is enough, maybe six months pass with nothing major.

The first two issues of Batwoman have been delayed again.

This is a train wreck for DC. Coming off of the Rucka series, this ongoing should have been a layup. But with so many delays, I'm not sure it'll be well-received once it's finally released.

To be fair, I think people won't mind, once the book gets on a steady schedule when it starts. The JHIII art is great, and I've heard no one say a bad thing about Amy Reeder art. I think DC would rather postpone the book and have more ready to go monthly from the start, than have the book come out all over the place. Like Kevin Smith's last Batman book.

Disappointing, but you know what, I'm willing to wait as long as necessary for the ongoing to come out. And if it's because they want it to be good and ready, I'd rather have that than something substandard. What they've been previewing is still looking pretty solid. Bit of a cocktease, yes, but hey, I can satisfy myself with just looking at those pages for a while.

And let's face it, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as Smith, Miller and Morrison's delays at times (sorry Chris).

The die-hard fans won't care because J.H. Williams III's art is the attraction and it'll be critically well received, but it'll probably lose potential sales from the casual audience.

And let's face it, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as Smith, Miller and Morrison's delays at times (sorry Chris).

No, that's fair. He can be late with his scripts.